Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cup hero Dale signs new Spartans deal

FF News

Blyth Spartans captain Robbie Dale has signed a new deal with the Evo-Stik Northern Premier League club

The winger hit the twenty two goals in fifty five appearances last season, including a memorable brace in the FA Cup Third Round against SkyBet Championship side Birmingham City as Spartans pushed the Midlands outfit all of the way, only to lose by the odd goal in five.

Dale also moved up to third place in the club’s all-time scorers list and became the first Spartans captain to lift the Northumberland Senior Cup in over twenty years, the fifth trophy he has lifted in his time at the club.

There was recognition from other sources too as Dale won the Evo-Stik NPL Fans Player of the Year, Evo-Stik NPL Player of the Year and was named in the League Team of the Year alongside team mate Stephen Turnbull.

And now he has agreed to stay with the club for a twelfth season and he revealed he can’t wait to get going, although did admit to feeling older at the thought.

“It’s great to be signing again although when you say it’s my twelfth season it makes me feel a bit old. Last season was great and being captain of the side when we had such a memorable season was very special”

Dale also expressed his hopes that the club would be able to kick on from last season’s successes.

“We don’t want to be a mid-table team, we want to kick on from where we finished last season and I think we know we need three players of good calibre to get us challenging for promotion”

Source: www.blythspartansafc.co.uk

Source

Archived