Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Promotion winners sign up at Wood ahead of National League campaign

FF News

Boreham Wood have revealed that the majority of their squad, that won the Conference South promotion final, have once again signed contracts to remain with the club, in their first ever season as a Vanarama National League club.

James Russell, Ben Nunn, Callum Reynolds, Josh Hill, Ricky Shakes, Graeme Montgomery, Sam Cox, Scott Thomas and Matty Whichelow will its hoped continue both theirs and the clubs progress that has been made in recent years.

The good news continues, as the Woods management team of Ian Allinson, Luke Garrard, Mario Noto and James Courtnage are also all on board and with the clubs clinical lead Megan Reid and her assistant Kate Simmons also signing up, its clear that the whole club is totally committed to next seasons National league challenge.

Chairman Danny Hunter said “winning the promotion final was an amazing experience for us all but that triumph must be the catalyst for us to look to the future and not be the reason why we rest on our laurels and become lazy or complacent. To be one season wonders after 67 years of trying to get there would be nothing but abject failure”..

“I cannot emphasise enough, that we are going into a predominantly full time National league with a predominantly part time squad. I know the pundits will write us off as relegation fodder but we are more than used to that”..

Hunter continued “We have looked to nail down the majority of our present squad but we’ll supplement that with five or six experienced quality signings from the National league.

We don’t want big time Charlie’s, we don’t want journeyman, we want hungry, talented players with good characters, to supplement our squad and our team spirit, and in truth the phone has not stopped”..

“I’m so thankful that not one of our players or management team has been remotely greedy with me in their contract negotiations. The loyalty, camaraderie and friendships that have been so pivotal and so carefully built over the last 4 or 5 seasons, is still I’m glad to say alive and kicking and in truth that has really helped the signing process”..

“We know we have a monumental task in front of us to stay up but that’s is a challenge we’ll all relish. Our support and Town were simply incredible in the promotion final and if we can build on that support, then further progress both on and off the field is at the very least possible”..

“I can’t thank the Town enough for its support and it seems the early bird season ticket offer has been well received and broken all pre purchased season ticket records already and were still in May. We want to give the Town a national club, playing national football and these initial signings mean that we’ll be competitive but it’s just the start”.. Hunter concluded.

Source: www.borehamwoodfootballclub.co.uk

Source

Archived