Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Premier League new boys to face Claridge's Whites

FF News

Salisbury FC have announced that Eddie Howe is bringing his newly promoted Premier League club AFC Bournemouth to face them in a prestige pre-season friendly.

The Cherries will face Steve Claridge’s side at the Ray Mac on Tuesday July 21st and Howe – announced as Manager of the Year at the League Managers’ Association dinner last night (Tuesday May 26th) – has pledged to bring a strong side.

“This is a real coup. It’s fantastic for us,” said Claridge. “I am assured it will be a strong team and we are extremely grateful to Eddie and AFC Bournemouth.

“Eddie has done a magnificent job in winning the Championship with Bournemouth, reflected in him being awarded such a prestigious honour as Manager of the Year by his peers, and I couldn’t be happier to have arranged for one of my former clubs to play us in pre-season.”

The match is part of an impressive home programme of pre-season friendlies, to which Conference club Eastleigh have also been added, with manager Richard Hill agreeing to bring a full-strength side on Tuesday July 28th to the Ray Mac.

This comes on top of our already confirmed match against Bristol Rovers, newly promoted to League Two, on Saturday July 11th.

Source: www.salisburyfc.co.uk

Source

Archived