Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Halle & Sheehan sign for Canvey

Time for craig and co to make more signings in the off season, hopefully experienced centre halfs and unearth another couple of potential young players that we can have a for a couple of seasons.

Halle and sheehan both gave there best to the cause last season. Another player that racked up the games for us which cant go unnoticed. Cheers halle!

With the signing of curley, the next couple of signings to fill the centre backs roll could be a real statement of intent for the season ahead.

Centre back was our weakest area last season so not losing any sleep over this. Halle was a good Captain and will be missed for that but as defenders we should be able to replace these two fairly readily. Ryan Scott was a much bigger loss IMO as he has scope to improve a lot still.

Wonder why everyone seems to be jumping ship?

Poole for Canvey by all accounts...

Now I am not happy about that

Confirmed.. http://canveyislandfc.com/news/2015/06/glenn-poole-signs-gulls

Looks like we are now just a feeder club for C****y !!!

No mention of that "player coach/management" role for Mr Poole - the only " new challenge" he faces is playing below sea level !!!!!!

Still, it will be fun playing against the Billericay Old Boys eleven lol !

At least our ex players will help keep them afloat for a while longer. Strange that so many are leaving all of a sudden & to C@nvey

At least our ex players will help keep them afloat for a while longer. Strange that so many are leaving all of a sudden & to C@nvey

Lets hope our ex players can keep you afloat ................ they couldn't keep us 

Lets hope our ex players can keep you afloat ................ they couldn't keep us 

Being unable to play at home for the first part of the season was a big disadvantage but you had enough quality in your squad and you should have avoided the drop easily.

Is George Purcell still with you and is he available?

only lost 3 players as far as I can see. Hardly a need to worry. Craig had also pointed out we needed to improve in the centre back area, so was obvious that changes were going to be made.

Shame about Pooley but after nearly 4 years and being 34, I can understand the need for a fresh challenge.

just a shame hes ended up at Park Lane, or whatever they call it these days.  

only lost 3 players as far as I can see. Hardly a need to worry. Craig had also pointed out we needed to improve in the centre back area, so was obvious that changes were going to be made.

Shame about Pooley but after nearly 4 years and being 34, I can understand the need for a fresh challenge.

just a shame hes ended up at Park Lane, or whatever they call it these days.  

Still more than two months to go and I am sure the merry-go-round will continue as players and clubs tout for deals. I'm afraid it's the nature of non league football and on past experience, I don't expect to see a settled side until about November !!!!

had a discussion over Sapps down the club on Thursday. My view is no real loss. Yes he is a match winner but only when he wants to be. That is his attitude and my own personal opinion that is not good enough. Other players like Glenn Poole put the effort in for 90 minutes in every game. Sapp's, well... Sorry, he didn't.

I am not knocking him. That was his attitude and Craig as well as others were willing to give the man space to behave like that because when all the planets were aligned and he was switched on, he was a match winner, an immense talent which had more business in a higher league than at Ryman Premier level.

So, what now? Well, we have the exciting prospect of finding another striker who will partner another immense talent and protect for the future Rowan Liburd. And help us to push us into challenging for promotion

So we have lost the spine of the team that achieved two mid-table finishes. Big deal!

The proof of the pudding will be in the eating. The League is the most open it has been for years this coming season so we need to target a top five place. It's a defining season in my view so we need to get behind the team.

Totally agree with Gazza and jl.

Sapps leaves us with some good memories and we wish him well. However it will be interesting to see how many games he plays for the K's. His disciplinary record (he starts with another ban) and his injury/fitness record will always shade his undoubted talent.

There's plenty of time to go and there are decent players out there who will want to join this Club. COYB

Archived