Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Steelmen skipper signs new deal

FF News

Corby Town captain Cleveland Taylor has admitted that a new deal was “never in doubt” after committing his future to the Vanarama National League North newcomers by signing a contract for the 2015/16 campaign.

The former Jamaican under-20 and under-23 international has been a revelation since making the switch from a wide role to central midfield at Corby and was pivotal in the club’s Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Division title success.

On the subject of extending his stay Taylor said: “Signing a new deal at Corby for next season was never in doubt as far as I’m concerned. When I spoke to Tommy last summer I was a bit disillusioned with football in general after a couple of difficult years, but he was persuasive and I agreed to come to Corby. My main emphasis was to play for fun and we all had a lot of that last season. I am loving life at Corby Town so much that staying was always on the cards.

“For me the enjoyment is what drives me, I would have probably accepted any deal to stay here. It really wouldn’t matter if another club offered me twice as much, the money is not a main factor as there is only one place that I want to play my football.

“I said last season that this team didn’t know how good it was, well that’s the exact same feeling that I have about the club as a whole. The potential is huge and the club does not realise how far it can go.

“The supporters were great last season and despite the memorable end of the campaign, I was personally a bit disappointed that we didn’t get to come back and play in front of our own fans in the final month. But the fans followed us in their numbers wherever we went in that month from Histon to Truro, Weymouth and Poole and we really appreciated it.

“For that reason I am really looking forward to getting pre-season started and getting back out on that pitch in front of our fans. There should be plenty of them there for the Steel Park Cup too and it will be a wonderful occasion for the team, the town and the local area to have sides from PSV, Porto and Liverpool in Corby.”

Source: www.footballconference.co.uk

Source

Archived