Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dorking Wanderers Reserves.

Surprised no-one has picked this up yet.

From CCL web-site this morning:-

"The League has received a late application from Dorking Wanderers, now members of Division One South of the Ryman League, to enter their reserve side into Division One of the CCL next season. The rules allow for this and it is in line with the EGM vote in favour of accepting a maximum of two reserve sides into Division One, to boost the numbers.

Following consideration, the Board has decided to accept them, with home matches to be played at their picturesque Westhumble ground, now much improved in time for their inaugural Ryman season. As with any club, the move is subject to the formal approval of the FA Leagues Committee but there is no reason to assume that this will be withheld."

just my opinion but I would rather have more teams who do not have the grading for step 5 than have reserve teams in division 1.  Of course the FA are forcing the leagues up and down the country into this situation by their silly entry ground requirements for step 6.

This has NO effect on promotion whatsoever Smudge, stop posting rumours and lies.

The rule was brought in at the EGM on the basis that a Reserve team would not block a promotion space. That has been repeated here quite frequently. The top three non-reserve teams will still be eligible to go up if their ground is in order.  

Before you start criticising the League who have taken a sensible decision to accept a 17th club into their division, maybe count to ten before posting something next time.

1.Worcester Park

2.Farleigh Rovers

3.Staines Lammas

4.Dorking Wanderers Res.

5.Sheerwater

6.South Park Res

6 POSSIBLE BLOCKERS in any order will stop any other DIV 1 Club promotion.The current Premier Clubs must be rubbing their hands in glee.

A rather interesting but somewhat boring M.V.D.C. Executive meeting tonight where their Executive IMPLIED they might be in a position to look for one of the two Dorking senior football clubs an alternative ground should all go pear shaped.

(Ooops  - A pink pig flying past my window !)

Anybody want the link to the podcast ??

Anyway  -  The next step forward is an official chat between the Leader of M.V.D.C., Dorking Wanderers and DFC next week.

It's getting better than East Enders, and I haven't watched that for years either.

Dave how do you know that Dorking Wanderers Reserves will not be involved at the top half of the table? Any views on South Park Reserves.Reserve teams from Ryman League clubs over the years I have been watching the CCL are more than a match for most CCL 1 clubs in Cup games.

Edited by Smudge

STOP  PRESS  !!

Hot off the mobile....

Another top class ex-CCL player has signed today for Dorking Wanderers.

Yes folks  -  It's true.  No rumours. Confirmed by a personal text to me.

No names  -  No pack drill.  Wait for the press release.

Dave how do you know that Dorking Wanderers Reserves will not be involved at the top half of the table? Any views on South Park Reserves.Reserve teams from Ryman League clubs over the years I have been watching the CCL are more than a match for most CCL 1 clubs in Cup games.

Saw them last season Smudge and they weren't great. I admit, new season, new players could bring a change, but can't see it.

Personally think both reserve teams will be bottom 3rd.

STOP  PRESS  !!

Hot off the mobile....

Another top class ex-CCL player has signed today for Dorking Wanderers.

Yes folks  -  It's true.  No rumours. Confirmed by a personal text to me.

No names  -  No pack drill.  Wait for the press release.

OK  -  Now it's official  -  Phil Page moves from Leatherhead to Dorking Wanderers.

http://www.dorkingandleatherheadadvertiser.co.uk/Dorking-Wanderers-swoop-Phil-Page/story-26722469-detail/story.html

That is exactly right. If the 1st Team played at a level lower than Step 4, their reserves would not be able to continue at Step 6.

Makes a mockery of the whole system. Just how desperate must these leagues be to make up the numbers?