Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dorking Wanderers Reserves.

OK  -  Now it's official  -  Phil Page moves from Leatherhead to Dorking Wanderers.

http://www.dorkingandleatherheadadvertiser.co.uk/Dorking-Wanderers-swoop-Phil-Page/story-26722469-detail/story.html

He won't be the first person who plays at a level below his ability.

I think it's a bit of a waste of his talent and I wonder if when he has finished playing, he regrets not trying to find out whether he could have made the grade at a higher level.

He was at Step Two with Farnborough so with the right application, could have maybe gone higher still and maybe made a name for himself in the FA Cup or similar, like a DJ Campbell or Jermaine Beckford which he is extremely unlikely to do kicking around at Step Four with DFCW or with no offence, Mole Valley beforehand. All players have mates at other clubs but if you're good enough, surely you owe it to yourself to try to be the best that you can?

Rich life is full of ifs and maybes,Phil Page will be a good addition for Dorking Wanderers in their quest for further promotion.Who are we to question his motives.He will probably be paid fairly for what he adds to the Team, I wish him all the best.

Of course he will Smudge,

If's and Maybe's will remain that way if you never set your sights higher and have a go.

In my chosen sport I wanted to play against the best players I could, just to see how good, or otherwise I was.

I had a fair amount of success although not achieving everything I'd have liked to do but I can at least look in the mirror and say that I tried my best.

Big fish small pool syndrome. Pity!

Of course he will Smudge,

If's and Maybe's will remain that way if you never set your sights higher and have a go.

In my chosen sport I wanted to play against the best players I could, just to see how good, or otherwise I was.

I had a fair amount of success although not achieving everything I'd have liked to do but I can at least look in the mirror and say that I tried my best.

Big fish small pool syndrome. Pity!

So you played Professional Pool then or did you stay Amateur?

The highest I reached in the country was number 70 and only the top 64 at the end of each season had the opportunity so I never quite got there on that front.

I would have done ok I think, as I beat many higher ranked players over my years on the tour from 2000-2003, but it just wasn't to be as many other high ranking amateurs were also coming through. Luckily as the longest serving regular member of the Surrey A team we picked up a belated bonus a few years later when the team became Champions of England in 2009, so that became the highlight.

That said, if I had got the opportunity, I would have definitely given it a go just to see how I would have got on. It was never about the money, which like non league football wasn't in great supply, I just wanted to see how good at my sport I could be. Playing against the best to see how you coped. You'll never know otherwise.