Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Promotion from Step 7

Tel

From the Tony Non- League blog

Promotion from Step 7

At the Leagues Conference which was held at St Georges Park in 2014 the Step 7 leagues present discussed the possibility of imposing a one-year moratorium to enable clubs with the correct facilities to be promoted from Step 7. The Leagues Committee has now considered this matter on a couple of occasions and have agreed to recommend that with effect the end of season 2015/2016 a club that complies with the appropriate grading criteria can be promoted to Step 6 regardless of their finishing position. Obviously from those that apply and comply priority will be given to a club’s finishing position. This change, which is for one year only, will hopefully generate one club from each of the current Step 7 competitions. This will hopefully bring Step 6 competitions up to the required numbers and enable full promotion and relegation to be implemented from the conclusion of the following season. This would not apply to those leagues currently at Step 5/6 that have a Step 7 division attached to it as they will continue to apply their current arrangements. Obviously further information will be sent to all leagues in due course

Comments ?

Addlestone United, Guildford & Woking Div 3 @ Hanworth Villa

British Airways, Middlesex Div 1 @ Ashford Town

Could they apply? This is, as they say, a one year deal end of 2015/16 only.

Unfortunatly most step 6 leagues have all the ground grading in place. The Hellenic and C / C seem to be short. I fully agree, ground grading should be relaxed to a point but with the vast majoritiee of clubs with all in place the F A won't budge.

It looks like the teams in C / C Div one without lights will be demoted in a season or two unless the F A relent

There are (or were) 13 Step 6 Division leagues/divisions across the country that had clubs who failed to meet the full requirements of Grade G, and they weren't all in the South, let alone confined to the Hellenic and the CCL.  That was the main reason for the FA's abrupt change of policy and allowed us to keep the likes of Farleigh, etc.

It would be wise I suspect to wait for the small print before we attempt to analyse exactly what this may mean for us.  If I read it correctly though, it should guarantee one club from each of our two main feeders coming up, as there will be at least two clubs in both the Elite League and the Middlesex League next season who will meet the grade, albeit as mentioned, through ground sharing in some cases.

It probably makes it even more important that those of our clubs who don't reach the grade at present, to do so by 31 March, (excl. lights) if they wish to stay with us

Edited by lazarus

Unfortunatly most step 6 leagues have all the ground grading in place. The Hellenic and C / C seem to be short. I fully agree, ground grading should be relaxed to a point but with the vast majoritiee of clubs with all in place the F A won't budge.

It looks like the teams in C / C Div one without lights will be demoted in a season or two unless the F A relent

it seems my post is completely wrong as Lazarus States regarding leagues with teams with the correct grading.

One point though as and when Div 1 is full at the end of that season if the team that finishes bottom and is not a Reserve team and another club has the grading for promotion will the bottom club or would one of the reserve teams get relegated.

There are (or were) 13 Step 6 Division leagues/divisions across the country that had clubs who failed to meet the full requirements of Grade G, and they weren't all in the South, let alone confined to the Hellenic and the CCL.  That was the main reason for the FA's abrupt change of policy and allowed us to keep the likes of Farleigh, etc.

It would be wise I suspect to wait for the small print before we attempt to analyse exactly what this may mean for us.  If I read it correctly though, it should guarantee one club from each of our two main feeders coming up, as there will be at least two clubs in both the Elite League and the Middlesex League next season who will meet the grade, albeit as mentioned, through ground sharing in some cases.

It probably makes it even more important that those of our clubs who don't reach the grade at present, to do so by 31 March, (excl. lights) if they wish to stay with us

Groundsharing at Step 6 is a nightmare waiting to happen,many have tried over the short time that I have been following CCL1.

Bookham,Warlingham,Croydon Municipal,Staines Lammas,Farleigh Rovers all tried but failed.Mole Valley are the only Club i know who have made it work,but at what cost? The only winners are the Clubs that get the revenue from the groundshare,plus the bar receipts of course.

Groundsharing at Step 6 is a nightmare waiting to happen,many have tried over the short time that I have been following CCL1.

Bookham,Warlingham,Croydon Municipal,Staines Lammas,Farleigh Rovers all tried but failed.Mole Valley are the only Club i know who have made it work,but at what cost? The only winners are the Clubs that get the revenue from the groundshare,plus the bar receipts of course.

it shouldn't be a nightmare, but I know where you are coming from.

With teams abandoning their Reserve teams its leaving the chance to have the ground used on a weekly basis. With no income from the groundshare other than the handful of spectators you wonder how it's paid for.

You can't blame the host club, they must have been approached and with the chance of extra revenue who can blame them.

Has a club that groundshares bar Mole Valley ever got promoted?

Badshot Lea perhaps? - not sure where they played when a Step 6 Club though (and maybe the rules were different then anyway)

Bookham as well.

Edited by Green_Fingers

Badshot Lea perhaps? - not sure where they played when a Step 6 Club though (and maybe the rules were different then anyway)

Bookham as well.

True, but it didn't help them in the long run.

We have added a full local step 7 page on our website here - http://wibbandune.simplesite.com/417961971

If anyone can fill in the Middx league links blanks for me I would be most grateful

From what I heard, I think "being invoiced" is more accurate than "paying"!

'Touche'.  Jeff !!  But lets not go into that !