Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hayles signs as player coach for Generals

FF News

Chesham United Manager Andy Leese has announced that terms have been agreed to bring Barry Hayles to the Club as Player Coach.

Hayles started his career in non-League football and has seen the game at all levels. He is well known for his time in the professional game as prolific forward with Bristol Rovers, Fulham and Leicester to name a few. A Jamaican international, he has more recently been playing in the Southern Premier with Truro City, helping them to promotion last year.

Leese was pleased to get his man: “I have tried to sign Barry before, so it is great to finally get him to the club. He is incredibly fit, and still loves the game. He has a lot to offer on the pitch still, and now off it as well as he looks to start a coaching career. He will be a major influence around the younger players just as Darren Purse was last season. He has good contacts in the game as well and Jon and I are looking forward to working with him.”

Hayles was delighted to be joining Chesham and said “I am really pleased to be coming to Chesham and starting a new chapter in my career as Player Coach. I am really looking forward to the new season and working with the team that Andy is assembling to hopefully challenge again at the right end of the League.”

Source: www.southern-football-league.co.uk

Source

Archived