Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Magpies name popular midfielder as new Community Officer

FF News

Dorchester Town have confirmed popular midfielder Jason Brookes will not only remain a part of boss Mark Jermyn’s squad for the new season, he will also take over from Calvin Brooks as the club’s new Community Officer.

The former Southampton youth product will coach the Dorchester ‘Ability Counts’ team, as well as aspiring youngsters across the county.

He told the Dorset Echo: “I’m delighted to get it all sorted. You never know what’s going to happen in the close season but I’m absolutely buzzing about this. Having the community job as well gives me a bit more security with my football. I love coaching and if I couldn’t play then I’d like to be involved in football on that side of things.”

As well as making an impression in the community officer’s post, Brookes is keen to continue showing what he can do on the pitch.

“I want to make sure I’m competing to be in the side,” he added. “I want to give Jem a headache when it comes to selection. Everyone is keen on reaching the play-offs and getting promotion so it’s really exciting.”

Meanwhile, Jermyn said: “Jason is a really good guy and I’m happy to have him next season. He felt he had a point to prove in the final few games of last season and he did well in those.”

Source: www.southern-football-league.co.uk

Source

Archived