Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bender re-signs till January

FF News

Tom Bender returned as part of the Forest Green ROvers squad to pre-season training this morning with it also being confirmed that he had agreed a new six-month contract with the club.

Signed in February, he had been offered a deal at the end of last season, and has finally accepted the opportunity to continue his stay at The New Lawn.

The 22-year-old impressed in the eight appearances he made in a FGR shirt in the back end of last season, and were it not for an injury picked up in our final home league game, would have featured as part of the back line in our play-off ties against Bristol Rovers.

Agreeing a deal till the start of January, the former Colchester United and Millwall defensive man was pleased to sign.

He said: “I’m happy to finally get the deal done and dusted. It was never a case of me wanting to leave the club really; it was more to do with things off the pitch.

“Every professional footballer wants to stay full time. Unfortunately some have to go part time and I’m just lucky enough the gaffer wanted me here and I’ve got the chance to stay full time.”

Bender had joined the club from Dartford earlier this year and is a Wales under 21 international, having worked his way up through The Dragons national age group set-up.

Source: Forest Green Rovers FC

Source

Archived