Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Kit

michael

telling you ignore Alan at your peril...... !!!!!!!!  Lotto numbers Alan, for Saturday please     ;)

absolutely.

and i can't wait to see sammy moores margate debut either.

i do like the lemon kit

in one of those childish moments when you can't sleep and you think about all sorts of irrelevant things-i was thinking a couple of months ago, that yellow as a second kit would be ok,so pleased with that

correct me if  i am wrong-but i don't recall margate playing in yellow before.

Dreamland -hows it doing.what are attendance the numbers like ?

not local so don't know-hope it does well as have some good memories there.

when it opened-i did say to my son that i thought it would struggle in this day and age-no matter what the re-vamp.hope i am wrong though and that it is thriving .any early reports?

i mention that as one would not want it to fail, as by association it brings MFC into it .very difficult for new start businesses -especially in the leisure sector and going into the winter.

that given an opportunity that could not be turned down and credit to both brands- is it a bit of a risky sponsorship deal just the same ?

like the joint ticket idea,and maybe that will be rolled out to other conf south clubs in advance of their away fixtures at mfc.

hopefully both brands will prosper under the partnership

If you only knew the Sammy Moore saga Michael...... maybe one day i will tell you about it.

As for Dreamland, at the moment it is doing well as would be expected. I reckon once the park is fully completed it will carry on doing fine. 

• 2 weeks later...

can't say i'm excited or disappointed by the new kit.

looks just  fine to me, but just win the games no matter what.

i did think the yellow is slightly more mustard than yellow-maybe in ideal world-i wouid have had it a fewshades lighter-but hardly matters.

one area where i do need a bit of educating is on this 'chevron thing.'which apparently  gives margate its identity.

whats all that about ?

marketing hype ?

again- i am neither for or against the chevron-just need to understand its significance-or is it a made up significance ?

its loosely like the shirts of the 60's with the single hoop across-and i liked that-so perhaps a modern version;but if someone can explain how it gives margate its identity-that would be appreciated.

where have i missed that margate are identified with chevron's-or is it a new and  transient  identity  ?

overall-kit fine,and pleased that away kit is a shade of yellow,but this identity stuff re the chevron-help me out please.

seems to me its a simple band across the chest

can't say i'm excited or disappointed by the new kit.

looks just  fine to me, but just win the games no matter what.

i did think the yellow is slightly more mustard than yellow-maybe in ideal world-i wouid have had it a fewshades lighter-but hardly matters.

one area where i do need a bit of educating is on this 'chevron thing.'which apparently  gives margate its identity.

whats all that about ?

marketing hype ?

again- i am neither for or against the chevron-just need to understand its significance-or is it a made up significance ?

its loosely like the shirts of the 60's with the single hoop across-and i liked that-so perhaps a modern version;but if someone can explain how it gives margate its identity-that would be appreciated.

where have i missed that margate are identified with chevron's-or is it a new and  transient  identity  ?

overall-kit fine,and pleased that away kit is a shade of yellow,but this identity stuff re the chevron-help me out please.

seems to me its a simple band across the chest

look at the Margate badge - there is a chevron right across the middle of it. this has been incorporated into the kit design ...most kit chevrons go the other way up.

Chevrons in Heraldry are really interesting.

Look up the meaning of 'Bar Sinister' !!