Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Kit

michael

can empathise with those who think the blue is not the traditional margate blue.

to be fair-have not seen it yet in the flesh myself-but it certainly does look blurple.(n

o-one has yet said if that was deliberate on behalf of club or did manufacturer/mr Pope make a small mistake?

i suspect deliberate decision by the club-i have no problem with that-as i must admit-i thought the old blue was a bit of a boring shade of blue-but again-can see the traditionalists position and respect accordingly

we are all going to see things slightl differently, and as above whilst i generally like the new yellow kit-having seen it, i was mildly disappointed that it was a bit more mustard than i was anticipating-whereas i am more your primrose yellow type of girl

governed here by dreamland pantones though i guess.

Edited by michael

yet to see in the flesh, the blue, purple or blurple home kit whatever it is,and again, no big issue for me-albeit i suppose i slightly err on the traditionalist side of why go quite a few shades off the current colour ?

main issue for me is -why have the club done it ?

club obviously does not have to justify itself and 'ask in advance' but i would have thought that on such an issue which has obviously caused a bit of a stir-and changing the club colour from blue to purple is reasonably significant i would have thought-i would have thought the club may have issued a statement along the lines of we have done this because :

that because could be that 'whoops- a bit of a cock up.

or' Mr Laslett wore purple underpants to both play off gsmes and so it is obviously a lucky colour and hence we have gone with it. '

both equally good reasons-and a host of others inbetween.

from what i have seen in pics-i like it anyway-but still left wondering 'Why ' ?

Is the programme going blurple ?

are the blue bits of the ground going to be painted blurple ?

we have temporary red seats-blue on their way-why not purple seats ?

or are we blurple for two years only ?

• 1 month later...

whilst on a personal perspective i like the purple kit,(and it is purple/not blurple-but very clearly purple )are some things just sacrosanct ?

You don't go meddling with graves.

similarly-is it a case of you go changing things without very careful consideration,whoever your God is,has a way of punishing you ?

are there spirits out there conspiring to blow the ball out of the net ?