Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Former Scotland coach confirmed as Robins number two

FF News

Evo-Stik Northern Premier League Ilkeston FC have appointed former Rangers, Birmingham City and Scotland assistant manager Andy Watson as Gavin Strachan's right-hand man.

The 55-year-old, who also enjoyed Carling Cup success with McLeish at Birmingham and was with him for Scotland’s win over France in Paris in 2007, was named this week as the Premier Division club's new assistant manager and technical director as Strachan's squad returned to pre-season training.

As a player, Watson represented Scotland at U21 level and was part of Sir Alex Ferguson’s 1983 Aberdeen side that beat Real Madrid to lift the European Cup Winners' Cup.

Watson told www.ilkestonfc.co.uk: “Gavin rang me and explained what was happening here at Ilkeston and would I be interested in joining him as his assistant, it sounded like a great opportunity and I wanted to be part of it.”

Source: www.evostikleague.co.uk

Source

Archived