Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Farnborough FC

Medic

YET MORE BREAKING NEWS..............

"Farnborough website now accessible again. They say the bond has been paid and they are ready to play as soon as this Saturday (22 Aug)."

I wonder where the £30,000 materialised from to pay the bond ??

I think there may have been some small premature celebrations over our way this afternoon.

Will be very interesting what the Ryman League do from here.

There is a bit more on 'Tony's' site for those that use it, but nothing certain.

Keep using the 'Bisto'  !

Latest statement from a 'Mr. Day' of Farnborough.

"We are all desperate for this to be over. Don't get me wrong, we know it's not going to be a slap on the wrists and a one-point penalty, but the punishment needs to be sensible, we don't want to be dead men walking with a minus-20 points on the board before a ball is kicked. If it's reasonable, then we play and battle against it, but a virtual relegation isn't that. Expulsion naturally wouldn't just be taken days after handing over £30,000, so we would appeal and that will take a long time to conclude. Six to eight weeks is a fair guess. They would need to call an EGM, which would take three weeks, then the appeals process. But the hope is that the penalty is fair and acceptable to us and we can kick a ball finally."

• 1 month later...

Just watched the managers latest rant after the 6 2 defeat on saturday,does he know the team is only a reflection of him and his staff,cliche after cliche does not make a manager,if i was a defender (and all 11 on the pitch are ) then i would ask for a bit of backing and not a slagging in public,whatever happened to whats said in a dressing room stays in a dressing room and the bizar comment about someone lifting him is not how a manager should feel,if he needs lifting then i suggest he has run his course.

• 5 weeks later...

I understand that the Farnborough appeal hearing was held yesterday, but the outcome will NOT be announced by the FA until sometime next week.

Anyone care to place a bet ??

:ph34r:

Farnborough have received some positive news from the FA as their appeal against the Ryman League was upheld.

A statement on the club website read "The Club has this morning received a 16 page result and reasons for its appeal against the Ryman league decision. The Club is pleased that the main point of its appeal, that it should not have to pay non genuine creditors, has been upheld. Two other points of the League decision have also been varied by the appeal board.

The Club pleaded guilty and always accepted that by a variation of the CVA it would likely face a relegation and had offered this last summer to the Ryman League to save all this uncertainty, the League refused to discuss the matter.

The bottom line is for four years the previous and current owners have spent many hundreds of thousands of pounds in keeping the Club alive and now debt free. The CVA is finished and the whole matter is at last over so that the Club knows where it stands and can move forward.

A number of positive opportunities are now in front of the Club to decide on which will be released before the end of November after a complete review of the business which will be overseen directly by the owner"

Source: www.farnboroughfc.co.uk

Maybe they'll get some players to return now.

On the other hand.......................

Once again an opportunity to do something to deter boom and bust clubs is passed by.

Maybe not? - http://www.isthmian.co.uk/league-statement-farnborough-fc-061115-27411#.VjzUE6TFUDs.twitter

I'm not sure that they've got away with it entirely, JR.

They will be relegated at the end of this season unless they finish in the playoffs. That's a huge ask for a club that has a lot of extra games to play to catch up.

Whilst I am sure they won't finish in the relegation positions, if they had, they would have dropped to Step Five, so they still face these potential penalties for a while yet.

If I was a supporter there the uncertainty would be terrible. it's been a right old soap opera for many years now.   

Maybe I'm a traditionalist but wouldn't it be nice for the best team to be the one with the most points and the worst team to be the one with the least points, instead of all these deductions and forced relegations that we seem to see on a regular basis.

I have very happy memories of Cherrywood Road and I just hope they can sort it all out and stop trying to aim for the skies when it just isn't possible.

So are you saying let clubs live beyond their means and owe money stay in a league where a club that has done everything In their powers to abide by the rules get relegated ????

Also interesting reading their Fans Forum that they all think so highly of the CCL.  Just the sort of attitude we really want in our league !!

In fact they cant wait for a Tuesday away game on a wet November Tuesday at Bedfont Sports !!!

Yes, I know this isn't CoCo, but as we are talking of clubs in trouble and it has been very quiet on here of late, it has become common local knowledge that ex Liverpool boss Brendan Rogers has been shown round a school in Cobham, not a million miles, OR yards from Chelsea's training ground.

Makes yer fink, dunnit ???

Edited by Big J R