Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Farnborough FC

Medic

More rumours abound in the Surrey area yoday re Mr Rogers, but NOT necessarily with regard to Chelski !

Answers on a P.45 to.........................

(I must buy some more Bisto to thicken the plot !!)

So are you saying let clubs live beyond their means and owe money stay in a league where a club that has done everything In their powers to abide by the rules get relegated ????

I never said that.

I just said it is sad when it comes to these sort of things. They will pay the penalty and so it appears, will be paying for it next season too.

I didn't say that the decision was wrong, but sports like Formula One have been abandoned by many fans because no one knows if the actual winner of the race will still be declared the winner a few hours later. I just hope we don't go down that road on the football front.

I never said that.

I just said it is sad when it comes to these sort of things. They will pay the penalty and so it appears, will be paying for it next season too.

I didn't say that the decision was wrong, but sports like Formula One have been abandoned by many fans because no one knows if the actual winner of the race will still be declared the winner a few hours later. I just hope we don't go down that road on the football front.

• 3 months later...

So, where are we with Farnborough and the CCL?

I heard that a bottom 4 finish will result in relegation to the CCL Premier, and that a bottom placed finish would see them demoted to CCL Division One?

Lost 0-2 at home to Billericay tonight yet drew 2-2 at Dulwich on Saturday!

Anyone know what is happening?

Table here - http://www.isthmian.co.uk/match-info/tables

It's always been said they'll be relegated at the end of the season come what may (unless they finish top & stay where they are) & relegated 2 steps if they finish in the relegation positions. Makes no sense to relegate 3 steps just because they finish bottom. Where did that come from?

It came from this:

http://www.isthmian.co.uk/league-statement-farnborough-fc-061115-27411

Unless they pay all their debts, the club will be relegated one step for breaching the Standardised Rules on insolvency. If they finish in a relegation place, that drop will be added to the one step they got for not honouring their original CVA. The bottom club in each division can't be reprieved, so that would put the "copper bottom" on their demotion.

I don't know if finishing last this season would put them in Step 6 next, but it would serve them right if it did. After all, Farnborough FC has only existed since 2007 and is a reformation of Farnborough Town (itself only formed in 1967), which went "pop" not long after a run to The FA Cup Fourth Round which ended at Arsenal. The Town club milked that particular cash cow so hard the rules were changed to prevent ties being staged at the "big" club's ground (to the detriment of all the little clubs that followed them), having previously played West Ham United at Upton Park twice and presumably made some decent money out of that.

To have racked up a seven-figure debt in less than a decade as a "phoenix" club strikes me as a demonstration of everything that is wrong with the game. In their eight years of life, Farnborough have never played below Step 4 and have racked up debts they could never pay. By contrast, the oldest club in the CCL, Colliers Wood United have been going since 1874 but, as far as I can tell, have never played at a higher level than they're at now. I have masses more respect for the people running the show at Wibbandune than I do the people at Cherrywood Road because, to the best of my knowledge, CWU have never left local businesses out of pocket for the pursuit of trophies. The same applies to every club in this League who is battling on and doing what they can to develop as a club, as opposed to throwing money at players.

Let Farnborough go down. Hell, let 'em go bust again and let's see if anyone has the energy or patience to give AFC Farnborough Town 2016 the time of day.

• 2 weeks later...

It is true JR.  The Owner found a fiver in the road on the way to work so used that to pay off their £400k creditors.

Their fans are now celebrating being Debt Free and think it is yet another turning point.  However the businesses that got their 0.1% are probably not celebrating as much now.

I make this the 3rd time they have failed to pay their bills in full but don't worry they will be at Step 5 next year with the biggest budget going and off we go again on the cycle with them.

It is true JR.  The Owner found a fiver in the road on the way to work so used that to pay off their £400k creditors.

Their fans are now celebrating being Debt Free and think it is yet another turning point.  However the businesses that got their 0.1% are probably not celebrating as much now.

I make this the 3rd time they have failed to pay their bills in full but don't worry they will be at Step 5 next year with the biggest budget going and off we go again on the cycle with them.

Put in your usual succint manner as always, Kroons !

There last three home league games have seen sub 200 gates.

http://www.farnboroughfc.co.uk/2016/terrell-forbes-and-dennis-oli-join-farnborough/

So now the debt has been written off they can go and start tying people to long term contracts.  Non league Journeymen at that.

Sorry I fail to see how anyone can see this as either moral or fair.  Legal it may be !