Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Coasters hand young fan a managerial chance

FF News

Vanarama National League North club AFC Fylde will have a new face in the dugout for Wednesday evening’s friendly with Bolton Wanderers.

Eleven-year-old Daniel Fryer will be the club’s manager for the night, taking over the reins from boss Dave Challinor!

The youngster has been given the chance to be the boss thanks to the generosity of another Coasters fan, Paul Kirkham, who won the prize at AFC Fylde’s end of season awards night.
Kirkham is unable to attend the game due to work commitments, and he has offered the Fylde mad youngster the chance to be the boss for a night.

Daniel will now help to give the team talk, sit on the bench throughout the game and wear his very own manager’s top thanks to the generosity of the club’s kit suppliers Adidas.

Carr Hill School pupil Daniel follows the club both home and away and is a ball boy on match days, but this opportunity is something he is relishing.

Kirkham – who donated the prize – said: “Being a keen Coaster’s fan, I thought it was great opportunity for me and a group of friends to pick our wits against Neil Lennon’s Bolton – which is why we bid on the auction at the end of season awards.

“Unfortunately due to my current work commitments, I can no longer make the date of game. While we were at the end of season awards I got talking to Daniel’s parents who let me know that their son was a huge fan of the football club and he would love the opportunity to manage the team for a game.

“As soon as I realised I was unavailable for the game, I thought Daniel would be the perfect candidate to take over from me in the dugout (and in all honesty, he’d probably do a better job than me anyway!) I hope Daniel has a great time and the team respond to him in the same way they do to Chally!”

Daniel’s father Steven said: “Daniel loves the club with all his heart and it is great to see him being given such an opportunity.

“He loves watching AFC Fylde both home and away and we’ve already signed up for our season tickets this season and next season at the new ground and have our new shirts on order, so this is something out of the ordinary!

“I can’t thank Paul enough for donating his prize and the club for organising everything they have to make this a once in a lifetime opportunity.”

Commercial manager Dave Riche said: “AFC Fylde are a club that are at the heart of the community and with this we want to give Daniel a night to remember.

“He will shadow Dave Challinor throughout the night, hold a press conference and will look the part in his very own manager’s kit. From what I’ve heard, Daniel has his team already picked, but he’s keeping his cards close to his chest for now!

“The main thing for anyone who comes into the club is that they have a great experience and we guarantee he will have that on Wednesday night.”

Source: www.footballconference.co.uk

Source

Archived