Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Jackson feels at home with Alfreton

FF News

After playing for several clubs around the area over the past few years, Alfreton Town’s latest signing, former Chesterfield striker Jamie Jackson says it is time to try and put some roots down.

“Hopefully, that is the plan. I have been looking for a home at a club for a while but not mastered it yet! Hopefully I can have a good season with Alfreton and find a ‘home’ for myself” said Jamie.

At twenty-eight years old, former Chesterfield striker Jackson finds himself in the unfamiliar role of being the oldest player in a very young-looking new Reds squad.

“It’s a bit different, but I am looking the youngest I might add!.

“It is a good squad with a lot of quality and the lads have been brilliant to me, helping me to settle in quickly. They are a good set to be fair.

“There is a lot of banter and we have got a text group that keeps us all involved and in touch and that will keep us pretty close to each other.

“The gaffer has been class, Russ been really good as well, I feel wanted and appreciated and why I have come.”
Jamie thinks that a tough season lies ahead.

“There is not a lot of difference between the the two divisions (Vanarama National League and Vanarama National League North). I have played in Conference North before and there is not a lot between the divisions for me.

“It is going to be a difficult season but hopefully by the end of it the club will be back where it wants to be, that’s the plan.

“I did the first two weeks of pre-season at FC Halifax Town (where Jamie was last season) and I have only played two games this pre-season at all so it is all about getting my match fitness up as quickly as possible.

“My main priority, is I want to just be a threat, work hard for the team and contribute what I can for the club, get us through some games, hopefully make a bit of a difference, and it’s certainly nice to feel wanted” ended Jamie.

Source: www.alfretontownfc.com

Source

Archived