Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SATURDAY 8th. August - GAMES UPDATES.

Frimley Green 1  Staines Lammas 3

Good game of football this, both teams playing football on the floor, some tough but fair challenges going from both sides but of course some baffling refereeing decisions, BUT the result had nothing to do with the performance of the ref. 

A game which could have finished 3-3 or even 5-3 to the hosts. Frimley Could have been 3-0 up within the first 5-10 minutes, a goal scored, a Great GK save in a 1-1 battle, and then the post hit.

Staines worked hard and their pace on the flanks caused the problems and were rewarded for their efforts with their goals and we found ourselves down at 3-1.  We then won a penalty, unfortunately it wasn't converted and the final 15 minutes, the ball didn't leave the Lammas half, but a resilient Lamma's backline and a 5 start performance from their keeper kept the score at 3-1.

Tough first game, which could have gone either way, it wouldn't be fair on Staines to say we edged it as they obviously took the 3 points, but both teams contributed to a great first game of the season.

Staines Lammas were great visitors and we wish them all the best for the season.

For us, it's the first game, plenty to take from the game and performance wise very happy except for a slight lack of shape discipline at the beginning of the second half. 

Edited by Footballblue

saw cb versus abbey pretty dull but to be expected for first game neither keeper making much in the way of saves.

cb on top with 11 on the pitch but when cb reduced to 10 they as said above lacked a cutting edge but for a first

game in coco take some positives. abbey looked organised an I think 1 nil would've been a fair result but as they

were pushing for an equaliser got done by a simple goal at the death.

nice set up over there an I don't think many teams will get much there. cb will grow an be a hard side to beat in

every area very composed.

Not much being said by Camberley they must be feeling quite hurt

That's what I thought !

Frimley Green 1  Staines Lammas 3

Good game of football this, both teams playing football on the floor, some tough but fair challenges going from both sides but of course some baffling refereeing decisions, BUT the result had nothing to do with the performance of the ref. 

A game which could have finished 3-3 or even 5-3 to the hosts. Frimley Could have been 3-0 up within the first 5-10 minutes, a goal scored, a Great GK save in a 1-1 battle, and then the post hit.

Staines worked hard and their pace on the flanks caused the problems and were rewarded for their efforts with their goals and we found ourselves down at 3-1.  We then won a penalty, unfortunately it wasn't converted and the final 15 minutes, the ball didn't leave the Lammas half, but a resilient Lamma's backline and a 5 start performance from their keeper kept the score at 3-1.

Tough first game, which could have gone either way, it wouldn't be fair on Staines to say we edged it as they obviously took the 3 points, but both teams contributed to a great first game of the season.

Staines Lammas were great visitors and we wish them all the best for the season.

For us, it's the first game, plenty to take from the game and performance wise very happy except for a slight lack of shape discipline at the beginning of the second half.

Sounds like the Green were unlucky FB but of course you get 0 points for that,sticking the ball in the net is the most difficult thing to do in football and requires a lot of skill,better luck in your next game lets hope you win in the vase.

I was surprised of the Lammas result when I heard it as i watched them the week before and they were awful and took apart by Laleham. I had tipped staines for relegation this year when hearing that the whole of the Staines team left in the summer when the new manager arrived. No Liam Stone, Gav and Stu Bamford, Redrup and co all leaving. So I expect them to have a tough season as it looked like they had a lot of youngsters now and I only recognised one player from last season there now. Hopefully there be ok as I've enjoyed watching them over the years. Just a shame last years players didn't give the new manager a chance.

it wasnt a case of not giving the manager a chance 4-5-1 it was a case of going to a club that is growing and progressing. Stu and Gav bamford along with two others are at cb who have big plans.......redrup cant commit due to work reasons an so has dropped a level.

I think after laleham tore them apart you could say there gonna struggle it couldve been a much bigger scoreline but when 3 points are available it changes your mentality, fairly decent win at frimley but then there pre season suggests that there going to struggle aswell.

it wasnt a case of not giving the manager a chance 4-5-1 it was a case of going to a club that is growing and progressing. Stu and Gav bamford along with two others are at cb who have big plans.......redrup cant commit due to work reasons an so has dropped a level.

I think after laleham tore them apart you could say there gonna struggle it couldve been a much bigger scoreline but when 3 points are available it changes your mentality, fairly decent win at frimley but then there pre season suggests that there going to struggle aswell.

"but then there pre season suggests that there going to struggle aswell"

Why's that?  pre-seasons been quite successful for us and whilst trying different shapes, player set ups etc, we've conceded some goals, but that's what pre season is all about.  Are you really looking at pre season results to judge how a team is going to do in the league?    if so, have you looked into our positive results in pre season or just the negative ones against higher opposition?    It's quite shocking the lack of football understanding on this forum.

Yea friend my posts relate to staines.

That makes sense. Confused me then your two posts. when I saw that I thought I wasn't at that game lol when was that lol.

But my players right. Pre season was ok. It did what the management team wanted so can't ask for more.

Edited by FrimleyGreenFC

Lots and lots of silly excuses all people see is so and so won and so and so lost as i've said before and some of you rookies need to listen,the difference between the teams at the top and the teams at the bottom is results and not a lot else,set your teams up to what best suits your club and train your players hard,its not rocket science.

Yes Dalts i was in Jewsons yesterday,footy wise i am helping my grandsons team and watching my grand daughter as well, she is doing very well and is playing for Hampshire school of excellence (Southampton fc ) she has already played at Brighton and is at Arsenal next week and then Chelsea in a couple of weeks time