Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Paul Gibbs

I think its a bit harsh to be calling him a [****!!****] and the like, HE did clear the ball off the line to stop them from scoring, and was playing well. Yes it was stupid but what about Pinnock against Scarborough, I thought that was deliberate??? But then that is completely different isnt it because it wasnt the FA cup, It was "just a league game"

If he goes then fine, but i dont mind if he stays.

Er......looking at the video:

1 - he tried to kick out with a little kick behind himself at the player (you just catch a view on camera)

2 - he then went over to the player and did what he did

3 - he then just stood there when the red card was shown

4 - he then abused the Notts bench

All in all - completely different to Pinnock against Scarborough. This was also in front of the cameras.

Get rid of him if he hasn't already walked.

Didn't see the Gibbs incident, will have to sort out the damn video recorder for the re-run on SS3 at 3 or 6 this morning.

Was it the turning point of the game? not so sure myself. The match followed an all too familiar pattern of our home games recently. When Wilko was in trouble and had to go off I had a nasty feeling things were about to go against us.

Notts didn't impress me much and overall we've met many better sides this season. A great opportunity lost but well done lads for a good effort anyway.

Gibbs sat up in the stand for awhile,and then when the winner went in he quickly exited down the tunnel,hopefully never to be seen again.

There's commitment and then there's bloody mindedness, and no prizes at what he suffers from, OK we have got the benefit of TV replays for the incident but frankly it does make it worse,he certainly started turning things against us.

I know lots of you will criticise me for saying this, but I didn't see the incident, and can only assume from what you have written that he did 'let us down', but I do hope there is a way for him to come back and redeem himself with us as I am convinced that he could really be essential to some of our results in the future,and I do mean in a positive way. The irony of it is that if he hadn't made the clearance he did in the first half, it would have definitely been a goal to them. All this apart, didn't the 'boys' work hard. I felt so sorry for them they did deserve better, but WHAT A NIGHT.

Why is everyone being so harsh on Gibbs? Yes he knows he's done wrong which was why he left the stand when they scored as he knew he'd affected the outcome of the match. If u look closely at the incident he didnt even step on the player. This lad is a class above most at the club so why should we all say good riddance. We never say good riddance every time Skinner gets himself sent off. Lets give Gibbs a break and welcome a player of his class back into the side, we certainly need them. Nobodys even mentioned Mckimms two footed challenge later on in the game. Yes he got the ball but those sorts of challenges are bookable offences whether u get the ball or not and he was lucky to stay on the pitch. Lets not start churning over whether we should have had this penalty, whether they should have had a player sent off. Fact is plain and simple, we blew a marvellous chance against an ordinary side. Lets move on, Burton on Saturday lets win it.

I agree with you their Matt. On looking at the challenge again Paul hardly touched the NC player but the NC player was able to do the jump and roll. Watching him in the stand when the cameras scanned him i felt sorry for him, he knew he had done wrong with his head in his hands.

Lets see what action the club takes and hope he is back in the squad for saturdays tough away game at Burton

So Gibbs for Captain next week...

I would not be so hasty in seeing the back of him... Skins is still injured, and Gibbs is a class act, altho like Skins prone to the odd abberation.

He has got something to prove now, as he was in the shop window yesterday and blew it.

Stick with him, and he we help us move up the table.

Hmmmm......would Roy Keane have been sent off for that challenge ?? I doubt it...not even if he had chased the referee round the pitch as well....!

Gibbs was a bit foolhardy maybe....but had the ref given the free kick to us in the first place, we would not be discussing this !!

It's a game of opinions Brian.

Cheers,

argue.gif

Totally agree Hirsty that the there was a possibility that had the ref blown up quickly for the undoubted foul by the NC player then Gibbs might not have committed the foul that got himself sent off.

Had a good look at the video from the coverage on MOTD and in slow motion, it looked like Gibbs didn't touch their player with his foot. However he did seem to use his elbow in which case it was a good spot by the ref and probably a fair decision to send him off.

Also I think that some of the contributions have been fuelled by the emotion of defeat. For example, I don't remember such anger when Justin Skinner has one of his all too frequent moments of madness.

Talking of referees what do we put in their half time tea? Just like the match against Dagenham, the ref had a good first half and was prepared to have a word with players rather than simply brandishing the yellow cards - for example after Matt Lee took out their player. Second half though cards were being shown all over the place.

Anyway I thought the boys did really well - lets hope that the result doesn't mask the fact that the performance was one that should inspire confidence for the rest of the season. Very unlucky not to get a deserved draw - but for the interception the ball was coming straight to Matt Lee and would have been an easy clearance as there wasn't a NC player close to him.

Agree with Matt and Vera. I thought the goal line clearance from Gibbs was amazing

it was obvious even then that Wilko was not at his best and later had to go off due to dehydration, then dreadful cramps, after being poorly all week with flue, he looked very pale when he got to the ground.

I like many of us had a bad feeling after he left the pitch.

I had a great evening and although am gutted that we lost thought the lads were excellent, Chris Moore was my MOM, but that said having ten men really did make it very hard for us, we can go on and on about the why's etc etc, Had the ref given Gibbs a free kick as he should have done, perhaps the incident would never had kicked off, thought the ref was poor, very poor. We over the years have had many players sent off, I think hoping that Gibbs leaves in a bit short sighted, we need him , but agree we need him on the pitch not in the changing room early.

Why has everyone condemned him out of hand his challenge was no worse than Heffernan 10 minutes earlier and he only got a yellow. The bloke is a good player who made a mistake christ I wish some of the other players would show his fight and determination.