Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Paul Gibbs

Couldn't see the incident as clearly from where I was standing but after watching the video the next morning I would have to see that Gibbs acted very stupidly and the incident defiantly had an impact on the rest of the match, I do however think that holding him personally responsible and calling him a [****!!****] and so on is a bit too much especially after his goal line clearance.

Always the same, stick it over them in 1st half but waste chances, second half refs terrible, luck goes against us, and we waste yet more chances (a clinical striker needed perhaps) then we concede, our heads drop, we concede in the 92nd/3rd minute.

The turning point was Wilko's substitution, Wilko would've held the free-kick and claimed the corner for their second, not to mention save their 2nd. From what I heard, the notts no16 (the cheat that got Gibbo sent off)couldnt have taken a better dive in water, didnt see the incident in my space. Now we have little distraction from the league...

"The cheat that got Gibbo sent off" - I think thats a little unfair to say the least - the one person who got Gibbo sent off was Gibbo himself. ok, so the original challenge from Baldry wasnt great and warranted a free kick to us, but Gibbo took a kick at the guy, albeit that he had already moved away and then went after him with that second challenge, even if Baldry made as much of it as he could.

The only issue with the ref was consistency - he red carded Gibbs, but could easily have red carded Heffernan a few minutes earlier as well, for his challenge on Mckimm. In fact, I think it was that challenge that raised the temperature of the game - up until then, it had generally been played in a good spirit, but after that seemed to boil over somewhat.