Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Romford Away

For those of us who've been going a few years this is a big derby,the biggest this season.

Always nice to get one over on them,albeit I think we've only ever played them 3/4 times in competitive matches but there's been niggle since they reformed and ground shared with us in the early 90s and then when we first had the money,mostly good natured but at times some pretty vindictive stuff has emerged,oh well....I get on with most of their fans but don't like the club

For those of us who've been going a few years this is a big derby,the biggest this season.

Always nice to get one over on them,albeit I think we've only ever played them 3/4 times in competitive matches but there's been niggle since they reformed and ground shared with us in the early 90s and then when we first had the money,mostly good natured but at times some pretty vindictive stuff has emerged,oh well....I get on with most of their fans but don't like the club

Our local rivals have always been Chelmsford City and I doubt if one single Romford supporter is remotely excited about Wednesdays match.

We've had a cracking start against a decent side so all I'm interested is getting the three points and get us on an early run which we couldn't do last season.

Having said that, it will probably be a bit weird for the Romford fans to have less distance to travel when they play us away!

About five years ago Chelmsford hosted a nostalgia evening where supporters and former players from the 60s and 70s could relive the good old days and great games between our respective clubs. The Clarets are still our great rivals, but foes never.

Where did it all go wrong for Romford? :D

Bad decisions over the past fifty odd years. 

As we are still competing with massive clubs like AFC Hornchurch things are not so bad, and at least we haven't had two consecutive relegations to contend with,Lol.

But Alan you have to get relegated to be promoted ..............  Romford went down hill when their ground was sold ............ still always look on the brighter side of life .............. what is past is past it's what the future holds that is important ............ Until Wednesday ..........

Edited by blackballed

Hmmm, don't think that any of us Urchins consider Hornchurch to be a massive club (I think the phrase "Pub team from Essex" has been mentioned a few times) - please let's not cover old ground on the "Essex" thing!!!!

Sorry to be pedantic but I think we had a (losing) playoff final between the two relegations.

But Alan you have to get relegated to be promoted ..............  Romford went down hill when their ground was sold ............ still always look on the brighter side of life .............. what is past is past it's what the future holds that is important ............ Until Wednesday ..........

Lets  hope all your dreams come true this season and you get relegated back to the ESL which will offer you the opportunities to achieve even more promotions. 

Edited by romford boy

Alan, we have both been around long enough to know it's like being at sea, the tide comes in and goes out, problem is your tide stayed out ............ :D

My grandkids learn better jokes than that at Plaice School. 

Ha ha Alan,keep kidding yourself that hornchurch are not your rivals,let's face it the bitterness shown by many of your fans 10 years back and the subsequent jubilation at our demise suggests otherwise.....shame your jubilation and dreams of being havering a top club were shattered once again when we straight away leapfrogged back over your club the next season,keep pretending Alan,keep pretending

Ha ha Alan,keep kidding yourself that hornchurch are not your rivals,let's face it the bitterness shown by many of your fans 10 years back and the subsequent jubilation at our demise suggests otherwise.....shame your jubilation and dreams of being havering a top club were shattered once again when we straight away leapfrogged back over your club the next season,keep pretending Alan,keep pretending

You really are a fantasist Rob. Tomorrow's game is just another chance to get three points, nothing more nothing less.