Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Should AFC Sudbury be title favourites?

cup of tea

how any team, after only 3 games, can be classed as favorites is beyond me.

I'm sure Sudbury will be top 5 come end of season, but really is a bit early to say. 

Any team at the top at this part of season should feel more pressure to stay there.

I think, we, Hornchurch are in a good position and most certainly be up there in the top 5!

i still think the league is very much open with 5 or 6  sides in with a chance of winning  the league and a few decent ones missing out on the play offs 

Next please - here we go then!

Despite their fantastic win against Hornchurch, will Romford stay up this season?

We will probably finish mid table or thereabouts. By a country mile Hornchurch are the worse team we have played so far, and will do well to finish much higher than us IMO.

im not too sure that we will finish top of the league or even a  play off spot  lots of ifs and buts  at this time of the season , hopefully we will get a top ten postion  and build on it for next season  after 2 relegations  in 3 seasons  sometimes you have to re group a bit and steady  the ship  the main worry is will whats left of the crowd stay with it  time will tell

There's no way on earth we will finish outside the play offs.

That's very negative to suggest so.

We've had one bad result against romford,in a game where let's face it,they were obviously pumped up and playing out if their comfort zone,because they certainly haven't played like that in their other games.

We have gone to Dereham scored 3 and won,beat fray after being a goal down and in the league cup scored 9.

I know last season was a shock to the system snd obviously hard to get over but we have 4-5 top ryman prem players in our team and others now who I feel can play at that level.

It will be hard to win it but I would be amazed if we don't finish in the top 3 at least

I think that every team is going to have an off day and we had ours against Romford where the balance didn't look right.  Jimmy made a few changes (not many) against Dereham and we looked much better, although I think that Dereham might be in for a hard season on results so far. The key result for us was against Cray, that was the encouraging one for us as Cray looked a much better side than Romford did.  Losing Alex is a blow, hopefully the injury isn't as bad as it looked. It would be a cruel blow for him personally after all the hard work and effort he put in to get back into the side. Fingers crossed on that one. It will be a good test on Saturday against an unbeaten side.

Do I think we can make the playoffs, early days but I think so.

Can we win the league, not ruling it out but I think we will need a bit of luck on that one - there are clearly clubs in this league with bigger budgets than us.

There are definitely goals in the team we have now and we were chasing promotion the last time we had this threat.

I would expect us to finish in the play-offs at the very least.

Cray would have counted themselves unfortunate to lose against us and have shown potential with recent results.

Haringey have surprised me with their poor start considering they raced to the ESL title. Seems to show there is quite a gap between RYM1N and ESL.

• 5 months later...