Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hx 0 Gwr 0

cup of tea

I really don't know what we had to do to score today. Had the majority of possession but just couldn't get the ball in the back of the net.

Apart from a few minutes at the start of each half where GWR had some possession they clearly came to defend and catch us on the break - and it nearly worked, they had two really good chances and a couple of central free kicks which were wasted.

Hope Elliot is okay, that was a nasty challenge on him by their No 6 that went unpunished.

On another day, we could have got 3 or 4 goals, just a frustrating game today.

Let them go back to Southend celebrating their amazing 0-0.

It shows that they don't expect to be in the promotion hunt.

I thought we had enough to win the game but sometimes it doesn't go your way.

Lets hope we have more luck at Aveley.

well said, they call us fallen giants on twitter.... since when have they been a big team??

answers on a postage stamp please....

Any way point taken and we move on just wish our chances had gone in.

Hopefully Elliot will be back on Friday vs Aveley after being stamped on. Why there was not a yellow card at least, beyond me!!

not bothered about gwr or their fans, just see it as a potential two points dropped. Was annoyed about the 'tackle' on Elliot but we move on to Friday . Looks like we're going to need to break down teams at home. Unbeaten at home and Cray are the only team who have really gone after us at home

Standing by the gate as GWR came off their manager said to some of their fans that there won't be many teams taking points away when they play at the bridge .they came to draw and got what they wanted we played well but the ball just would not go into the net onward and upwards nice to see us playing a passing game

this was Wakerings cup final  !! and they came to defend and avoid defeat at all cost  even stamping   hmmm  ,  their  manager was quoted in the Evening Echo that Hornchurch are the leagues big spenders and at least 2 of the Hornchurch players are on a bigger weekly wage  than the whole team get put together at wakering , he has made this type  of remark a few times during the summer ie  hornchurch are spending a obscene amount of money this season  so building  them up as the big underdogs   can only  think  they players must each earn a fiver a week  then  ;)

I wouldn't say it was their cup final. Before the game we were on the same points.

Wouldn't know much about wages but I do see how clubs go up and down the leagues and we were also both in ryman north after our ESL triumph.

Perhaps they refer to us being in the conference south, which any team can get to if promoted from ryman prem, and if we had maintained our status there I would say we have fallen but we have been a ryman prem club for many years.

one other thing from yesterday  was that abs had a great game we might not of scored but he gave the wakering defence a bit of a nightmare when running at them ..well done !!

I think that Abs is someone that we've needed for a while now. Does add an extra dimension going forward. Well done to Jimmy for signing him.

I would imagine that the only people who know what our playing budget actually is would be the Hornchurch board so anything else is just idle speculation. I would be surprised if we had a bigger budget than a few of the other clubs in this league. If we are to be labelled as big spenders however then so be it - as a club we'll have to live with that.

What I do know is there's been an incredible amount of work behind the scenes to get Hornchurch out of the debt the current board inherited and that's where the priorities have been.

Archived