Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Boro keeper pens new deal

FF News

Eastbourne Borough's future is in very safe hands - in every sense after goalkeeper Lewis Carey agreed a new contract with the Vanarama National League South club which will keep him at Priory Lane until the end of season 2016/17.

Signed from Tonbridge Angels but with a goalkeeping schooling at Bristol City, Carey was an ever-present last season - his first at Boro - sweeping the board with player of the year awards.

His commanding performances belie Carey's relative youth - he turned 22 just two months ago - and his strength, agility and judgement make him a daunting last line of defence for opposing teams.

In the first six games of this season, Carey conceded just four goals - "and one of those was a penalty that I nearly saved!" grins the good-natured keeper.

"Last year I managed fifteen clean sheets, and I'm determined to beat that this season.

"I'm thrilled that the gaffer has shown so much faith in me, handing me the jersey at a relatively young age and always giving me his advice and support. Now I'd love to repay that, by helping us grow to be even more successful.

"There is no reason we can't go a league higher in the next season or two, and I want to be a part of that. I couldn't be happier here - the whole club is a unit, right through from the gaffer to Damo the kit-man. We all get on brilliantly, and that's why we are doing so well."

Source: www.footballconference.co.uk

Source

Archived