Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Division One (Step 6) Relegation

Tel

With the initiative of teams from Step 7 with grounds ready for promotion being pushed foreword would it mean if the league became full teams without facilities, lights ETC get relegated.

You would have to think that is an option Tel.

Having said that, I believe Division One could go up to 20 or maybe even 22 before they HAVE to relegate a club, so I imagine that getting another five clubs in is ambitious, even with an amnesty.

Here's another one though. If the CCL did get up to its maximum number, would it throw out a long serving club like a Worcester Park, Sheerwater, Farleigh but keep a DFCW or South Park Reserve side instead, just because they meet the grading?

The CCL have publicly said that any Reserve sides will not block promotion chasing clubs but at the other end of the table, things are not so clear. Understandably so, as we haven't been at full capacity for a while, and of course may not be at the end of the season either. 

Food for thought.

You would have to think that is an option Tel.

Having said that, I believe Division One could go up to 20 or maybe even 22 before they HAVE to relegate a club, so I imagine that getting another five clubs in is ambitious, even with an amnesty.

Here's another one though. If the CCL did get up to its maximum number, would it throw out a long serving club like a Worcester Park, Sheerwater, Farleigh but keep a DFCW or South Park Reserve side instead, just because they meet the grading?

The CCL have publicly said that any Reserve sides will not block promotion chasing clubs but at the other end of the table, things are not so clear. Understandably so, as we haven't been at full capacity for a while, and of course may not be at the end of the season either. 

Food for thought.

I have said many times before it would be an extremely sad day if Worcester Park were lost to this league. I can't speak for farleigh as I have never been there and it is 18 years since I went to Sheerwater.

NO reserve team should take preference over a 1st XI IMHO.

The FA made it very clear last season both generally and directly to the clubs concerned, that despite the floodlight amnesty for three years, all the other facilities required for Step 6 (i.e. Grade G) must be in place by 31 March 2016. 

The four clubs in our Div One without the necessary facilities, as doubtless everyone is aware, are Farleigh Rovers, Sheerwater, Staines Lammas and Worcester Park.  The clubs know exactly what they have to do, item by item, and the FA intend to carry out a further round of inspections.  Where clubs don't meet the requirements, or are unable to do so, sadly I have little doubt that we will be forced to relegate those concerned this time round.

I went to West Essex v Tooting & Mitcham Wanderers last night at Barking FC.

Good game and a 1-1 draw.

TMW would not look out of place in our Div 1.  :)

Several ex CCL players on show.

Step 7 clubs that groundshare with clubs at Step 5 or above will automatically get promotion to a Step 6 League, if there is room. YES or NO.

That is obviously not just in our area.

Step 7 clubs that groundshare with clubs at Step 5 or above will automatically get promotion to a Step 6 League, if there is room. YES or NO.

That is obviously not just in our area.

YES I think.

Chris, you've left me dangling.

I like your YES then spoilt it with. "I think"

Now my next question how many clubs have taken up groundshare this season, a bit of foreword thinking possibly be these club, who knows.

Can't blame the clubs if the F A come up with an idea for promotion.

These clubs would be eligible for promotion AFAIK

Elite - Balham (Cobham), Horsley (I think), AFC Spelthorne Sports?

Middx - Hillingdon, West Essex, Tooting & Mitcham Wanderers, British Airways, Southall Reserves? Kensington Dragons (I think), Cricklewood Wanderers.

Difficult thing to follow with groundsharing changing all the time.

Having seen Balham and TMW both play recently, they would be fine in our Div 1.

You could add LPOSSA as they are at AFC Hayes.

May look at Cricklewood v Hillingdon next Wednesday at Wembley FC.

I worked at British Airways, I used to go to the Concrde Club couple of times each season, not seen them yet down at Ashford.

The Cricklewood v Hillingdon fixture looks good, I used to and watch Hillingdon Borough in the good old days, Jim Langley and the likes

To the best of my knowledge, it is still only one club from each Step 7 League that will be eligible for promotion but they no longer have to finish in the top five.  Until we receive formal information from the FA though, we don't know.

FA Vase information for tomorrow's matches now on web site

Having been away for 5 days, (THANKS  B.T.  -  NOT), and having read the comments above, my view is that as of next season, ANY club playing at Meadowbank won't ever have a ground grading problem thanks to the Surrey F.A. having complete control of the ground, M.V.D.C. agreeing, of course

Cynical  ?  -  Possibly, but definitely a fact.

To the best of my knowledge, it is still only one club from each Step 7 League that will be eligible for promotion but they no longer have to finish in the top five.  Until we receive formal information from the FA though, we don't know.

According to https://nottsgrassrootsfootball.wordpress.com/2015/06/27/new-step-seven-promotion-rules/ Mike Appleby has confirmed there will still only be one team promoted from each step 7 league.

Full text for those that won't click on the li9nk:

Following the 2014 Leagues Conference which was held at St Georges Park, the current Step 7 leagues had discussed the possibility, for one year only, that teams with the correct facilities can be promoted from their respective league.

The Leagues Committee had been considering this option for a long time and after much deliberation, they have agreed to the new plans which will come into affect at the end of the 2015/16 campaign.

This means that any team, who has the appropriate ground grading criteria, will be promoted into a Step 6 division regardless of their finishing position.

Of course, any team who does apply for promotion, priority is given to those who finished higher up the league standings.

The new plan, which is only for next season, will hopefully guarantee that one club from each Step 7 league across the country is promoted into a Step 6 league.

This would in turn bring the Step 6 numbers up to scratch to enable full promotion and relegation to be implemented at the conclusion of the following season.

However, this rule does not apply to leagues at Step 5 and 6 that have a respective Step 7 division attached to it.

Any leagues with this set up will continue with their normal arrangements.

Although, despite the new proposed rule, there had been confusion over how many teams from each respective Step 7 league will go up.

After receiving some helpful information, Mike Appleby from the FA has confirmed that only one team from a Step 7 league shall be promoted, subject to ground grading requirements.

More information of the new rule shall be sent out to all leagues in due course.

The CCL rules say the number of Division One clubs has to be at least 18 before anyone's relegated. Two in at the end of this season could see someone go down.

And I've just noticed the official league website has the rules from 2013-14 on it. That's helpful.

The CCL rules say the number of Division One clubs has to be at least 18 before anyone's relegated. Two in at the end of this season could see someone go down.

And I've just noticed the official league website has the rules from 2013-14 on it. That's helpful.

Does that mean 18 before they are allowed to relegate or 18 before they actually have to relegate Russ?

Having said that, this is all largely irrelevant if only one team can come up from each Step Seven league. How many would that increase us by if, by chance, the Step Seven Leagues around us all had clubs in our catchment area? Surely no more than three? 

Does that mean 18 before they are allowed to relegate or 18 before they actually have to relegate Russ?

Having said that, this is all largely irrelevant if only one team can come up from each Step Seven league. How many would that increase us by if, by chance, the Step Seven Leagues around us all had clubs in our catchment area? Surely no more than three? 

I don't know. They can have up to 22 in Division One so I can't see why they'd force anyone down below that amount unless it was on the FA's say-so.

There aren't even two step 7 leagues that fall within the CCL footprint as the league's so small. This is half the problem.

The Surrey Elite is clearly a CCL feeder, about half the Middlesex teams are in our area if you push the boundary to the A40 and then are a few possibles but very unlikely in the Kent County, Southern Combination, Hampshire Premier and Thames Valley leagues.

Compare this to the North West Counties League that has six step 7 leagues entirely within its area although that league is struggling for numbers as well.

Archived