Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Determined Dockers ready for Vase tie - Ford

FF News

Erith Town joint manager Martin Ford was in determined mood ahead of the clubs FA Vase tie away at Chicester City FC.

The Dockers go into the game on the back of a disappointing defeat to Horsham YMCA in the FA Cup and speaking to the club's website Ford had this to say:

"Last Sunday was a bitter pill to swallow to be honest as I felt that we were the better side throughout the whole of the first half, we went 1-0 down against the run of play which of course happens sometimes but once we got ourselves back into the game just before half time (after a great goal from Tom Garrick) I thought we would go on and win the game. However a few lads didn't come out from the changing room second half and they let both us and the club down."

"We have spoke to the players and they know that we expect more from them than the second half showing they gave - it's old news now, we moved on, trained really well again on Wednesday and are fully concentrating on this weekend's game".

When asked about his squad for this weekend's game, The Dockers joint boss said both himself and Joint manager/son Joe had a big selection headache ahead of the FA Vase tie:

"I think Joe said after the FA Cup game to you that shirts will be up for grabs for the game this weekend and that hasn't changed. We have brought in three new players this week in Ola Rabiu, Richard Morgan and Jamie McCormack - all of them are available for this weekend's game; so we have lots of players to choose from which to be honest is great as it creates natural competition for places which at any football club is a good thing to have."

Having had previous experience in the FA Vase and a great run in the competition with VCD Athletic on more than one occasion Ford commented:

"Personally I love this competition, it's the non league FA Cup really isn't it? It gives non league clubs at our level the chance to play at Wembley and that's special within itself. During my time at VCD we managed to get into the last 16 of the competition on two occasions which gives you great memories however that was then and this is now and we will certainly be drilling the importance of this game into the lads - again it's a chance for them to create their own bit of history and enjoy playing in a great competition!"

"We have done our homework on Chicester and once again we know that we are in for a tough ride. They are organised and keep battling throughout so we will have to be on our guard - after Sunday's game both myself and Joe are looking for a reaction from the lads and hopefully that will be the case".

Source: http://erithtown.co.uk/

Source

Archived