Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Meakin moves on the SSML?

RendonBodgers

Hearing big(but worrying) things today for South mids clubs after former Hillingdon,Wingate,Northwood,Beaconsfield, Burnham boss Gary "the hatchet" Meakin was announced manager of Egham Fc.

With a managerial black book like the di vinci code he is rumoured to have approached numerous SSML players including former Swansea-come Hadley player Jernade Meade, Edgware pair Bilal Butts and Sam Styles(both at Northwood with him) Oxhey Jets' Thomas Ince(at Beaconsfield with him) Anthony Rowlands(met at Meaks' failed Hanwell Town interview) and our very own Joe Kelly(common link unknown) .

Can anyone shed alittle light on this? Once this man gets a cheque book in his hands its like a tsunami hitting an ants nest, not caring for who he destroys on the way in and leaving a lot of people coming out the other side with nothing other than wet dreams.

"I have it on good authority Meakin was not interviewed for the Hanwell Town job"

I do rate Meakin though.

Edited by Savagebee

"I have it on good authority Meakin was not interviewed for the Hanwell Town job"

I do rate Meakin though.

Oh? .... Seen as thats an offical SB "quote" I'll definitely believe that!

Do you know if he applied at all?

Edited by RendonBodgers

Oh? .... Seen as thats an offical SB "quote" I'll definitely believe that!

Do you know if he applied at all?

As far as i know Gary Meakin did not apply for the Hanwell Town hot seat.

I myself think Meakin is a decent mnanager but he doesn't seem to last anywhere for to long.

Anthony Rowlands

Has joined New Hanford FC this season along with plenty of other ex Hanwell Town FC players C.Mills, D.Clerkin, S.Charles, S.Hillier and D.Vincent have all joined the revolution. They play their home games at Hillingdon Borough FC.

As far as i know Gary Meakin did not apply for the Hanwell Town hot seat.

In saying that though didn't the Duff Master have a bit of Alex Ferguson say on his replacement? Obviously thinking of club safety & security he'd have ripped up that app on the table.

Back to the players, any other names been approached?

In saying that though didn't the Duff Master have a bit of Alex Ferguson say on his replacement?

I think Ray gave his opinion on our new manager Phil G who he does know. I like our new manager and assistant manager i think they are doing the best job they can with what they have got. With Ray Duffy and Mark Adams leaving this season was always going to be a tough one. But you support your team through the good and the bad and to be honest ive enjoyed the season so far even though our results have not been great.

Meakin like most managers have their hardcore group of players that they always have at the clubs they are managing.

• 2 weeks later...

Mr Meakin was spotted amongst the crowd at the Hanwell Town v North Greenford United game yesterday.

Interesting. I know he's always liked Tope. 

He had a stinker of a debut for us yesterday subbed at half time.

Ouch for Topey ... Young Callum Duffy is my guesstimate

Young Callum Duffy is my guesstimate

Calum Duffy is a good solid player for us he has been playing right back for us this season i prefer him at centre back. He had a good solid pre season i would be gutted if Calum Duffy left the club. Always nice to see Ray Duffy back at the club watching his youngest play.

Beaconsfield SYCOB 1 Egham Town 2

Meakin gets one over his old club.

He's enjoying what is known in the game as, "the honeymoon period". Will it last? With him, it never seems to. It'll be interesting to see.

What a time of the month to get married !!

:bolt:

:232:

I'm afraid so !!

My wicked sense of humour and my love of 'one-liners'  !

Edited by Big J R