Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 12th September Fixtures/Results

Saturday 12th September

F.A. Cup - 1st Qualifying Round

Bedfont & Feltham v AFC Rushden & Diamonds

Chessington & Hook Utd v North Leigh

Hartley Wintney v Fleet Town

Hoddesdon Town v Ashford Town(Middx)

Tooting & Mitcham Utd v Farnham Town

Premier Division

AFC Hayes v Colliers Wood United

Badshot Lea v Sutton Common Rovers

Cove v Knaphill

Guildford City v Redhill

Horley Town v Raynes Park Vale

Spelthorne Sports v Epsom & Ewell

Westfield v Camberley Town

Windsor v Chertsey Town

Division 1

Banstead Athletic v CB Hounslow Utd

Eversley & California v Cobham

Frimley Green v Abbey Rangers

Sheerwater v Ash United

Farleigh Rovers v Sandhurst Town

Staines Lammas v Dorking Wanderers Res

Worcester Park v South Park Res

Once bitten twice shy comes to mind Hartley Row,that was an experience I shall never forget.Thanks for the offer of a lift,alas it will not be needed on this occasion. I will be personally chaffeur driven by a very good friend of mine,I do have some friends,which may amaze many on this Forum.

However a Nice pint would go down a treat,as you would be saving your fuel money.Be nice to catch up with the two Lukes,and my other friends at Hartley Wintney.

Lazurus one question why did you not put a link to the Official Combined Counties League Website on the above post.Many guests to this forum would not have a clue,what CCL stood for,in fact even a die hard avid CCL supporter like myself, typed in CCL on Google and got a choice of Reg Miles's site,or back to this very forum.We are here to promote the whole of the different options to publicise the CCL as we know it surely.Chris Clapham and E.E.Rich both post links to their websites why did you not?

As for the F.A Cup tomorrow,I personally hope that many Committee Members of the CCL are out in force to give their personal support(in person)after the dismal showing of 1 at Sutton United's ground,on Sutton Common Rovers inaugral fixture.

From Smudge

Lazurus one question why did you not put a link to the Official Combined Counties League Website on the above post.Many guests to this forum would not have a clue,what CCL stood for.

Come on Smudge Lazarus has posted a link to the Official Combined Counties League website on more than a few occasions.

I do agree, the more it gets publicised the more it will be read.

A good read it is too.

Edited by Tel

Tel,its only over the past few weeks that the Official site had anything worth reading,after years of canvassing by yours truly,they finally moved into the 21st Century.

SKA Night at the Lammas Oct 3rd should be a cracking night.

But the stand out for me has to be-----UKFFC V SUTTON COMMON ROVERS In the Vase, will cuddly Ken be allowed entry,or will a banning order be imposed?

My game. Today,

FA Cup

Bedfont & Feltham. v AFC Rushden & Diamonds

On paper an away win in reality an away win.

I saw a couple of Hanworth Villa's extraordinary Cup run a few season's ago beating clubs well above their level.

C'mon Bedfont

Duncs,always nice to meet you.Maybe you will make the edited highlights this week lol,so dont forget your comb.

cheers Smudge and likewise mate,what is a comb only ever heard of a comb over (ask Kroons ) been a change of plan and now going to watch me mate Tommo at Baggy Lea,say hello to both Lukes for me please mate.

Not CCL, I know.  However, I was going to pop down to Westhumble for the Dorking Wanderers  v  Slough Town.

Unfortunately, family matters has put paid to that at the last minute, so I'll be watching golf on the box.

Edited by Big J R

Wesfield 1-1 Camberley. FT.

A sunny afternoon and pleasantly warm is always a welcoming feature to settle down and watch a game of football, and this promised to be a tight encounter as usual when these 2 sides meet.

It was Westfield who opened the scoring after some sloppy defending allowing the ball to be slotted home from close range past the stranded Camberley keeper Craig Bradshaw, who could do nothing about it other than give his defence a deserved good talking too.

The game was pretty evenly matched during the first half with both sides having a couple of half chances that they could not convert. Camberley then equalized with a very similar sort of goal that saw them go 1 down.

Once again a break down in communication at the back saw Craig Bradshaw get tangled with his own defender resulting in around 5 mins of stopped play to allow the Injured Keeper to receive treatment. Honours were even at the break.

Second half started much the same as the first with both sides stringing the odd passage of good football together and again chances were spurned. Camberley looked as if they were definitely going into the lead but did not take into account the in-form Wesfield keeper Stuart Norman who made 3 superb saves to deny Camberley the three points they were hoping for. Stuart Norman also took a clattering as he collided with a Camberley player and once more the play was stopped for a short while to treat the bruises. The ref had a game of two halves and despite a good performance in the first half, he seemed to go to pieces in the second. A few dubious decisions and bookings were followed by a turn downed penalty appeal by Camberley in the dying seconds (of which there seemed to be a lot). From where I was watching it looked a pretty fair shout and Camberley can feel a little hard done by not to have got the spot kick. 

The game finished 1-1 and having 2 players currently on suspension, Westfield can almost look upon this result as a win.

BJR. Sorry to read that you've been unable to attend your chosen game again today. Reading back over your posts over the last few years it seems you've had your fair share of misfortune in getting to games that you've earmarked to watch. Perhaps the gent that offered a lift to me could assist in getting you to watch either of the Dorking clubs in the near future. When did you last get to a game ? It's not right when club stalwarts like yourself miss the boat. Not back for a while otherwise I would help myself.

Horley Town 3 Raynes Park Vale 1

Town got back to winning ways today with a good win at home to Raynes Park Vale.Richard Wetton opened the scoring in the firs half and it was one nil at half time. In the second half Leyton Regan Scored goal number two. Raynes Park Vale then hit back to make it back to make it two one. Town then hit back with a third from Ashley Nadesan. The best player on the park was the Raynes Park goal keeper Jack Witts who had an outstanding game and pulled of a number of top class saves.

WINDSOR  V  CHERTSEY

After seeing Windsor play at Ash a few weeks ago things do not seemed to have changed much.Windsor defence again seemed very solid,but center midfield just kept giving the ball away must be so frustrating for the supporters.Also great credit to chertsey who also came away with a clean sheet.

Both teams had chances ,Windsor left back great shot from just outside the area skimmed side netting, Windsor striker had the best chance after beating couple defenders blasted over the bar,at the other end Chertsey hitting the crossbar,and a one on one which windsor keeper saved well.

2nd time seeing Windsor play in last few weeks well done on clean sheet ,but midfielders need stop giving ball away and put ball in the net to win games.Good luck both teams rest season.