Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Match Thread - Saturday 26th September

Chris Clapham

F.A. Cup - 2nd Qualifying Round

Merthyr Town v Hartley Wintney

Premier Division

AFC Hayes v Horley Town

Badshot Lea v Chertsey Town

Chessington & Hook United v Cove

Epsom & Ewell v Farnham Town

Guildford City v Colliers Wood United

Redhill v Raynes Park Vale

Spelthorne Sports v Sutton Common Rovers

Westfield v Ashford Town

Windsor v Camberley Town

RPM Records Division One Challenge Cup 2nd Round

Bedfont & Feltham v Dorking Wanderers Reserves

Sheerwater v Staines Lammas

Division 1

Banstead Athletic v Ash United

Cobham v Abbey Rangers

Dorking v Frimley Green

Eversley & California v Epsom Athletic

South Park Reserves v Sandhurst Town

Worcester Park v CB Hounslow United 

Been out this afternoon.

DFC web-site with minutes to play shows....

Dorking  3 Frimley Green  0

Baggy Lea 2 Chertsey 1,don't like to say it but couldn't wait for the ref to blow the final whistle,3 very good points for the baggy boys and their new manager,surely stiffer tests to come as Chertsey were very poor but as i've said before 3 points is all that matters so well done baggy lea.

Westfield 3 Ashford Town 2.

Ashford Towns unbeaten run of 8 matches was brought to an end by Westfield today on a warm sunny autumn afternoon at Woking.

After a slow start and some sloppy defending by Westfield, Ashford found themselves 2 goals up within the first 20 mins. The Wesfield defence were caught ball watching on both occasions and despite a good first save from the Wesfield keeper, no one came to defend the ball and it was easy pickings for Ashford. The second goal was from a cross and again the defenders were guilty of watching the ball instead of attacking it and it was a text book header to put the visitors 2 up. With 2 goals under their belt it was looking like it was going to be 9 consecutive wins for Ashford until Wesfield started to string some passes together and suddenly the tables were turned. Westfield scored a goal after a patient build up and a left footed shot found it's way in the corner past the outstretched keeper and soon after drew level when another shot took a wicked deflection and left the Ashford keeper wrong footed. Wesfield really had the wind in their sails and had Ashford on the back foot by the break.

The second half saw chances for both teams and again it was a solid performance from the Westfield keeper Stuart Norman that denied Ashford taking the lead again. Saving a free kick that passed round the wall and turning another shot over the bar at full stretch and then saving another at point blank range. Westfield were not going to settle for the draw though and after bringing on new signing Nick Thumwood they pushed forward and made it 3-2. Westfield came close to a fourth when again they broke through and but for a good save from the Ashford keeper it would have been all over after 80 mins. Westfield hung on to the lead and after a few nervy minutes of injury time the ref blew the full time whistle to end the unbeaten run of the league leaders.

Just read the report of the Epsom & Ewell v Farnham Town game. Fair reflection and so that we are clear, we would have preferred the goal and to play against eleven. Really hard to break ten men down as you tend to relinquish a forward rather than a defender. Entertaining game badly affected by a bemusing decision. Gave ZERO chance for an advantage as he had blown before Matt Glass had kicked it.

Banstead athletic 3 Ash Utd 3

Very entertaining, good goals, soft goals, & again sending off.

Ash started badly & gifted Banstead the lead early on into the game. Ash regained some shape & equalised with a good finish from the edge of the area. It got better for ash as we took the lead with a brave header from a freekick. Then just when ash was about to go in a half time infront Banstead equalised with the last kick off the half to go in 2all.

2nd half saw Banstead control the game for long periods but ash still looked dangerous on the counter attack. Then with 30mins to go another poor decision by ash cost them another goal with a well struck freekick. Instead off trying to get back into the game ash again showed thier lack of discipline & giveaway needless freekick, moaning at the referee & again had another player sent off for all same reasons above. However after about 15mins of this needless play they broke away down the left decent cross in & ball tucked away to equalise. The game opened up but Banstead had many good chances but poor finishing let them down & ash held on to a well earned point.

Hope the Banstead keeper is OK after a nasty head injury & is back playing again very soon

Ash...you'll start moaning at me again but we are not listening or learning, our lack of discipline is awful, it's not just about keeping of the referee back, it's also when to stay on your feet & not, stop giving stupid freekick away all round the park & making it easier for opponents & referees, as if we had been better disciplined we could have easily won yesterday game, but we wasnt so let's get it right.

Oh dear Gareth the Fourfoot twat will be after you lol,the way i look at it is 4points from the last 6 is very good now build on it,the game on tuesday is a bonus and Ash can get a result but more than anything it is a chance to get some of the players fitter,i like the big lad up top just think if he was fitter he would get loads of goals.

Oh dear Gareth the Fourfoot twat will be after you lol,the way i look at it is 4points from the last 6 is very good now build on it,the game on tuesday is a bonus and Ash can get a result but more than anything it is a chance to get some of the players fitter,i like the big lad up top just think if he was fitter he would get loads of goals.

I expect he will as I upset him last week, but it's got to be said as if it don't change we will just be throwing points away as we can't control ourselves & I want us to improve, God I've supported this club through so much & hate to see where we are at the moment... Can't complain about the effort but something got to happen soon to start us climbing the table

Just read the report of the Epsom & Ewell v Farnham Town game. Fair reflection and so that we are clear, we would have preferred the goal and to play against eleven. Really hard to break ten men down as you tend to relinquish a forward rather than a defender. Entertaining game badly affected by a bemusing decision. Gave ZERO chance for an advantage as he had blown before Matt Glass had kicked it.

Couldn't agree more Bronco. Why the referee decided to blow the whistle when it looked as though Glass had ridden the challenge is beyond me. When the whistle blew I was worried, as I was at the other end and wasn't sure whether it was a penalty to go with the red card.

At 1-1 and with 11 v 11 no one would have complained and the ref would have been praised for a great advantage, which I felt he did do on a couple of occasions later in the game.

As for playing against ten men, we've had a fair bit of practice at that over the last 12 months and by the end it did look as though Farnham had run out of ideas. In fact we could have increased our lead on a few occasions, but I'm aware that Farnham were short of players so we'll just be thankful for the three points and move on.

By the way, what about the goal that won the game from Matt Ferdinando? You won't see a better one all season. It was similar to Rooney's overhead kick against Man City a couple of years back and for those who were at the game, not far short of the one Staforde Palmer got against us last year for Molesey, which was from further out.

The match report, courtesy of our young new recruit Sam Brooker is here: Sam is looking to get into sporting journalism and so any feedback would be appreciated.

http://www.eefconline.co.uk/Fix2015.16-17.html

Couldn't agree more Bronco. Why the referee decided to blow the whistle when it looked as though Glass had ridden the challenge is beyond me. When the whistle blew I was worried, as I was at the other end and wasn't sure whether it was a penalty to go with the red card.

At 1-1 and with 11 v 11 no one would have complained and the ref would have been praised for a great advantage, which I felt he did do on a couple of occasions later in the game.

As for playing against ten men, we've had a fair bit of practice at that over the last 12 months and by the end it did look as though Farnham had run out of ideas. In fact we could have increased our lead on a few occasions, but I'm aware that Farnham were short of players so we'll just be thankful for the three points and move on.

By the way, what about the goal that won the game from Matt Ferdinando? You won't see a better one all season. It was similar to Rooney's overhead kick against Man City a couple of years back and for those who were at the game, not far short of the one Staforde Palmer got against us last year for Molesey, which was from further out.

The match report, courtesy of our young new recruit Sam Brooker is here: Sam is looking to get into sporting journalism and so any feedback would be appreciated.

http://www.eefconline.co.uk/Fix2015.16-17.html

Great, spectacular strike! We felt we probably deserved a draw, but there you go! Don't like to talk about missing players as everyone suffers from it so it balances out. You are right in what you say about the ref playing advantage regularly after the sending off. He gave himself no time to think about playing an advantage. Delaying blowing by one second would have given him time, although apart from that he did okay I thought. Not saying we would have won the game, or even drawn it if the goal had stood, I just know you would have had to score again to win it!!!

Archived