Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Windsor v Cove TONIGHT

lazarus

Whilst Alan rightly can't give details and neither will I it's only fair I think to make it absolutely clear that Windsor FC are not in any way responsible for tonight's postponement.

Thanks Steve.  I didn't think the ball would be stuck in your court.

Will await further details when they are permitted into the public domain.

Whilst Alan rightly can't give details and neither will I it's only fair I think to make it absolutely clear that Windsor FC are not in any way responsible for tonight's postponement.

Mystery surrounds the postponement of the Windsor v Cove fixture? Why?

Late filing paperwork.

Tut-Tut !!

Steve WON'T be impressed with that !!!!

:ph34r:

COVE FC STATEMENT

Cove fc were suspended on Monday 21st September by Hants FA for not sending a document in on time to them . However they failed to inform both ourselves and the league until Tuesday 22nd September at 4.30pm and refused to let us play that night at Windsor even though the league asked them to allow it

The paperwork concerned was in fact sent as directed,by post on the 14th September

We were taken off suspension the following day after discussions between ourselves and Hampshire

Cove would like to apologise to Windsor for any inconvenience caused however this matter was beyond our control .

Tut-Tut !!

Steve WON'T be impressed with that !!!!

:ph34r:

What I'm not impressed with John is a county FA office with full time staff [paid for by the member clubs] not telling a league officer there is a problem until 4pm on the day of a match !

I was going to go into a long-winded diatribe about the FA and County FA's remembering they're there to serve us and NOT the other way around but in the end I can't be arsed talking to a brick wall ! 

I'm now so peed off with the paperwork I have to do just to keep THEM in paid employment that this will probably be my last season involved in football.

What I'm not impressed with John is a county FA office with full time staff [paid for by the member clubs] not telling a league officer there is a problem until 4pm on the day of a match !

I was going to go into a long-winded diatribe about the FA and County FA's remembering they're there to serve us and NOT the other way around but in the end I can't be arsed talking to a brick wall ! 

I'm now so peed off with the paperwork I have to do just to keep THEM in paid employment that this will probably be my last season involved in football.

I am feeling the same way. I will decide in the new year.

I hope the league see fit to go easy on Cove IF IT IS NOT THEIR FAULT!

Chris

It wasn't their fault and this is the second time this has happened within a month with the FA. So fed up trying to sort things out with people who don't live in the real world .

Very dissilujioned with it all. Grass roots football is being knocked at every turn

The problem is we, at our level. are chucked in with the higher clubs when it comes to admin requirements.

People at the FA are fully aware of where many lower non league clubs are regarding staffing if the power point show received from Lazarus is anything to go by.

I assume you can appeal to county if they are at fault and if they are, perhaps THEY will reimburse Windsor FC expenses for the cancelled game?

Good idea Chris I will talk to graham about this tomorrow.

As I say this is the second time we have had trouble with the FA in a month, at 4.30 on the day before we were due to play our FA cup game they contacted us and told graham we had no players insurance according to Blue fin and they were suspending us. Because graham couldn't get hold of anyone at Cove he paid for the insurance himself only to find out later Cove had renewed their insurance in June but Blue Fin hadn't allocated the money to Coves account so had advised the FA we weren't insured .

After numerous calls graham finally received a refund yesterday !! Can you imagine the league waiting that long for money from a club ?they need a reality check

Don't bother appealing, you won't win !  At the end of the day they say the paperwork wasn't received so they've acted within their own rules by imposing the suspension.  Even if the stuff was sent recorded delivery [ie signed for as received] they can just say they don't recognise the signature as one of theirs.

As far as the league goes I'm sure [given the facts] that the management committee will see fit to deal with them as leniently as possible and, to help Cove's cause, we will not be [a] claiming ANY expenses whatsoever and have asked for the game to be rescheduled rather than trying to claim the points.

In situations like this our clubs have to try and help each other not make demands !

Archived