Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Paul Gibbs ~ Again?

Sorry to start yet another thread on the subject of Paul Gibbs, however although his sending off in the Notts.County match obviously had some influence to the match result, the loss of Paul Wilkerson was, in my view, far more influential and appeared to 'lift' the Notts. County players confidence.

That said,yes Paul Gibbs rush of blood was regretable, but how many other Fleet players, past and present, have been guilty of such 'indiscretions' without being vilified for their actions? The truth of the matter is that Paul Gibbs looks a 'class' player, the sort that the Fleet could do with to ensure Conference survival, and one that going forward could help take the club forward in terms of the quality of the playing staff. In my view therefore everything should be done to ensure that he stays, certainly for the rest of this season, and possibly for next. Yes we are all disapointed that the Fleet lost, but survival in the Conference has to be the priority and having players in the squad like Paul Gibbs can only help that cause!!!

One final reation to Saturdays game, my man of the match without doubt has to be Chris Moore.

Is it not time to bring the comments about Paul Gibbs to a close. The guy's not some anonymous robot, he's a human who probably doesn't need to be told what was the probable impact of his actions. He had a rush of blood to the head which I would guess he now regrets.

Rather than adopting a 'lynch mob' attitude let's pick ourselves up and concentrate on giving ALL the players our full support in our prime objective of staying in the Conference.

Should we not be giving the Notts County bloke who performed a great dive more grief than Gibbs. From what i saw on the TV Gibbs barely touched the other guy. At most put his hip into him. I agree his actions after the card were not pretty but wouldn't you be angry if a player dived to get you sent off.

Kind of reminds me of the David Beckham fiasco in France 98. He was hated for a while and then loved again cause he got the team into the next world cup! We should let him try and make amends for what he did!

To be honest, neither player comes out of the incident with much credit. Gibbs was foolish to lose his temper, and deserved to go, even though the County player did indeed make as much of it as he could.

Nonetheless, with Skinner injured Gibbs is an important presence in the squad right now, so we have little choice but to try and hold onto him. However, given that he is looking for trials with league clubs at the moment, and has a lot of league experience, we may lose him anyway.