Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Postponements Sat 14 Nov

lazarus

Chessington & Hook  v  Horley Town

Bedfont Sports v Cove (Cove unable to raise a side)

As at 1.00 p.m. everything else is on as far as I am aware.

That sounds somewhat worrying.

So how many matches did actually suffer to the weather ?

All web-sites seems quieter than Queen Victoria's grave.

I might be speaking out of turn here but I think Cove have accepted the inevitable!!

I know what you mean mate but i once took over at Frimley Green when they only had 1 point from 10 matches and we ended up with a healthy 59 points and a decent finishing place in this league,a bit to early to give up the ghost still loads of points aavailable.

Don't think Phil is that involved anymore - could be wrong.

Surely if cove were serious about keeping their CCL Prem status alive, with respect to the management and players, the club would have changed something by now????

3pts from 14 games at this rate will end with 9pts at the end of the season. That's relegation! It's not like they have been unlucky and lost by the odd goal on numerous occasions. They've been tonked most weeks and now can't even raise a side on a Saturday afternoon!

Don't think Phil is that involved anymore - could be wrong.

Surely if cove were serious about keeping their CCL Prem status alive, with respect to the management and players, the club would have changed something by now????

3pts from 14 games at this rate will end with 9pts at the end of the season. That's relegation! It's not like they have been unlucky and lost by the odd goal on numerous occasions. They've been tonked most weeks and now can't even raise a side on a Saturday afternoon!

I could be wrong but i think Phil is interim chairman

Extremely disappointed with the officials/staff at hanworth villa, hanworth villa announced via twitter at midday that the game is still going ahead.....fine

The Raynes park vale players and staff start to arrive at the usual time of 1.30, then there was another pitch inspection at 2pm, after a long discussion between officials they decided to postpone the game at 2.20

Absolute waste of petrol/time/effort, I lost out on a days money at work because of this, how hard can it be to schedule a pitch inspection at midday....check the playing surface, then maybe check the weather forecast for the day ahead....

To be fair it was hammering it down when I was on the way to Eversley and I thought it would be off when I got there, so if it was the same in Hanworth around that time I can understand it being called off late. Having said that, I was there on August bank holiday on a similarly wet day and the pitch was excellent, even at the end. 

It's a tricky one as you also get people moaning games are called off too early.

Extremely disappointed with the officials/staff at hanworth villa, hanworth villa announced via twitter at midday that the game is still going ahead.....fine

The Raynes park vale players and staff start to arrive at the usual time of 1.30, then there was another pitch inspection at 2pm, after a long discussion between officials they decided to postpone the game at 2.20

Absolute waste of petrol/time/effort, I lost out on a days money at work because of this, how hard can it be to schedule a pitch inspection at midday....check the playing surface, then maybe check the weather forecast for the day ahead....

Sorry you are so disappointed with us. The director who usually controls the weather was away Saturday so we had no other way of stopping the deluge.

For the record:

We arranged a pitch inspection by a local official at 10.30 - pitch fine

We arranged for one of the actual match officials to inspect at 1.30 - pitch still fine.

The match ref inspected the pitch at 2.20 and decided that, although the pitch was fine, in his opinion he had his doubts that the game would be completed so he called it off.

Our groundsman puts a lot of time into our pitch, we have had numerous compliments on it this season, and we had absolutely no doubts that the game would have been fine if it had gone ahead.

I'm sorry you were inconvienienced and you had to travel. Maybe you noticed that our players were at the club, along with a good number of supporters. Maybe you noticed the match programmes that someone had to spend time producing, maybe you noticed the post match food for the players that the club had ready. A lot of people put a lot more effort into that game than you did in travelling, Im sure they were disappinted too.

For the record:

We arranged for one of the actual match officials to inspect at 1.30 - pitch still fine.

The match ref inspected the pitch at 2.20 and decided that, although the pitch was fine, in his opinion he had his doubts that the game would be completed so he called it off.

Our groundsman puts a lot of time into our pitch, we have had numerous compliments on it this season, and we had absolutely no doubts that the game would have been fine if it had gone ahead.

Once again a referee makes a decision based on "what might happen". If the pitch was fine why did he not play?

To be fair it was hammering it down when I was on the way to Eversley and I thought it would be off when I got there, so if it was the same in Hanworth around that time I can understand it being called off late. Having said that, I was there on August bank holiday on a similarly wet day and the pitch was excellent, even at the end. 

It's a tricky one as you also get people moaning games are called off too early.

You can please some of the people some of the time, etc., etc., etc !!

:ph34r:

Sorry you are so disappointed with us. The director who usually controls the weather was away Saturday so we had no other way of stopping the deluge.

For the record:

I'm sorry you were inconvienienced and you had to travel. Maybe you noticed that our players were at the club, along with a good number of supporters. Maybe you noticed the match programmes that someone had to spend time producing, maybe you noticed the post match food for the players that the club had ready. A lot of people put a lot more effort into that game than you did in travelling, Im sure they were disappinted too.

Sorry butterfingers but can't agree with you at all on your quote as I know hanworth would have been trying their very best to get the game on & I hope baggie lea will back me with my response now.

Being the dodgy groundsman at ash I had a pitch playable at 4pm for a home game for baggie but by 4.45 after a huge downpour, game off & all the amount of holes forked you just can't get rid of water just like magic ( I really wish I could tho then I wouldn't get all the moans)

I know its frustrating for players but not as much as for the groundsman who has spent hours trying their best to get the game called off.... If their groundsman is anything like me I feel like a let down to so many people & club but at times the weather just beats us

Archived