Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Brown: Defensively we were shocking against Whitehawk

kentonlinesport

perhaps my expectations are too high, but i have to disagree with TB here:

i have consistently said that the defence is poor.

with two central defenders-when one goes for the ball-the other covers behind.

margate's defenders don't do that-they are always side by side with too big a gap between them.

that's the basics-and it has been wrong for 12 months.

frankly-defence/defensive coaching/basics is appalling.

the forwards are not scoring because they have no confidence in the defence

Suggest you contact Mr Pope/Mr Laslett and tell them to sack the managers and install yourself Michael, you obviously know more than them  :D

I,for one,would not consider sacking Terry Brown. You only have to look at his past record with the likes of Hayes,the Shots and the Wombles and see that in Non League terms,he is a manager that certainly knows a thing or two.(along with others such as John Still,Liam Daish and Chris Kinnear,to name but a few)

As this is the case,it springs to mind whether certain players are good enough to compete in this league.

We all know that Mr.L. has money,and if some players don't perform,then offload them and get some in that do meet the criteria.

The worrying thing is that if the team continue the way they are,relegation could be a certainty. That could have a significantly bad affect on the club. Lower gates,Mr. L. withdrawing his support,players leaving,the ground STILL not getting built.

It could all go wrong by the end of this season(although I hope it doesn't)

Something needs to be done,and quick,otherwise,its back to the Ryman and trips to the likes of East Thurrock and Harrow Borough!

Will be tough against the Romans tomorrow. We need those points!

I,for one,would not consider sacking Terry Brown. You only have to look at his past record with the likes of Hayes,the Shots and the Wombles and see that in Non League terms,he is a manager that certainly knows a thing or two.(along with others such as John Still,Liam Daish and Chris Kinnear,to name but a few)

As this is the case,it springs to mind whether certain players are good enough to compete in this league.

That's fine, but who signed those players? Who coaches them? Who decides what tactics they play?

In fairness to TB he is brutally honest in his interviews, there are no excuses or rose-tinted drivel from him. He has repeatedly made no bones that our performances have, again and again, not been good enough.

Suggest you contact Mr Pope/Mr Laslett and tell them to sack the managers and install yourself Michael, you obviously know more than them  :D

I have consistently stated-and still do that TB is the man for the job.

the same consistency show me posting that its the defence where imo, the problemsboth are-and have been for more than this season.

you can get away with it for s long-but you can remain a complete idiot like me-and still realise its always been the defence where the problems are.

thats the easy part-solving it is harder -and takes longer-but there is always a way-finding it is just a bit tougher-.

the frustrating thing is that it was 12 months ago (minimally august this year )when it became so obvious to most of us that highlighting lack of scoring was masking the real problem.

some will point out that the defence can't be too bad as its mid table in terms of goals conceded.

factually correct-but imo-simply masking the problem.

at this level-one does not expect perfection-mistakes will be made-but never ever should as many be made as we witness nearly every week

Archived