Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Brown pleased to be at home again

kentonlinesport

never been a footballmanager apart from the comfort of the armchair, but i find it interesting that after a heavy defeat, most managers say (never sure if they mean it ) that they want another game quick to get the defeat out of the system and prove they are not as bad as it seems.

whilst i can understand a bit of that, it always strikes me that a bit of a delay would be better, because when it is obviously so bad, surely you want as much preparation time as possible to organise/correct what went wrong in the previous game-

i.e would we be better served with no midweek game and a couple of training sessions to try and correct things.

i don't know-from the armchair-the latter looks the better choice to me, but the real managers have this gung ho-lets get at 'em/go again philosophy.

(and often fall flat on their face and suffer two defeats in a row )

i guess its down to the individual mindset, whereas i am calculating and let the head rule,whereas others are led by the heart

I can see your point there Michael - although I'd have to disagree about the gung-ho part.

I always think it's better to have a game as quickly as possible after a disappointing result, so there's a chance to 'get back up on the horse' as it were.

Do see your point about more time for training sessions, but at the same time, I think it's best to throw yourself straight back into another game, so that the players don't have time to wallow or feel sorry for themselves, & have that burning determination to think 'Right, Saturday was a nightmare, but we've got the chance to put that behind us & come back with a bang on Tuesday'

It's like you said though, we're all armchair managers here, & I'm judging the players in terms of what my own mindset would be.

Either way, looking forward to cheering the lads on tonight & willing them onto a positive result :)

i have to concede that it does seem no matter how many times /hard they train, it don't seem to make much difference and see much improvement, so i guess that means either:

you are right blackz,

the training is ineffective

the players are simply not good enough and no matter how much training they receive, they are not capable of much improvement.

i have no idea what applies

Archived