Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

I Wonder Why........

Big J R

Smudge

Totally agree but surely that's the chairmans fault for being naive, there are some very good managers in this league who are getting good results without spending a penny. They deserve a huge pat on the back and to be given a bit of time to get it right.

Eventually time will tell if they can't manage at this level but to many changes get you nowhere nowadays

Duncs totally agree with all your comments regarding Management at CCL Level,seems a lot of CV's given by applicants for jobs,promise much(bull****)which is rarely backed up by results.Such a shame that they think past failure by applicants,will magically turn into future success for them.

Welcome back to the forum, Peter.

Some of us old-uns were getting worried at your quietness of late.  I trust all is well !!

Yes succesfull in the past but not modern football. Wages have crept into these levels and alot of people talk about having books full of contacts, thats great but even they are being ripped up due to finances.

You like to believe it's easy, if it is surely you would still be doing it rather than trying to tell everyone how to?

You mention div 1 like its the worst thing that could happen. Why? We had higher attendances in div 1. We were more succesfull rather than trying to compete with the Guildfords of the world throwing Wages around like it grows on trees.

Im proud of Cove. Doing things the right way.

If not just yourself by the way,but any of you historical managers feel you could do better with no money whilst clubs around you offer players £100 just to play prem football. Please do.

Now I could be wrong here, but from reading these comments it actually sounds as though it is Cove's intention to be relegated.

As for finances, there is not nearly as much money around as maybe there was a year or three back. South Park even won the league without a playing budget, while Windsor have frequently asserted their position is similar. My club cut our budget significantly at the start of last season and yet our results and performances have been as good, and this season are potentially better. If Guildford are throwing money around, firstly it's their choice, and secondly, there are many who are higher in the table who are not, so a good management staff and bunch of lads will usually win out in those circumstances. 

I really feel that Cove have missed a trick here. With Farnborough in so much disarray in recent times, they really could have sold their club as a stable, family friendly place with a nice clubhouse and a decent ground, with great food, all of which is true. It is a travesty that their attendances are so low, usually one of the worst two or three in the league and that was last year when results were better.

Clearly as we know from last season, teams at the wrong end will really kick on in the second half of the year in a desperate attempt to avoid relegation, so it has to be said that they have no chance whatsoever of survival, even if they improve significantly from this point onwards. They will need promotion form to escape the bottom spot, let alone the bottom three and it is a pity that a Cove representative wishes to use so much energy here moaning at forumites who are just pointing out the bleeding obvious. Many, by stating things, are genuinely concerned for their club's plight but he/she doesn't realise it. 

I would point out that Epsom's attendance on Saturday was a pitiful 36. Absolutely dreadful, even considering the weather conditions. However, it was still higher than all six attendances in Division 1 so good luck with your theory about attendances increasing. Quick reminder. Guernsey aren't down there any more!

My comments origionaly were for genuine concern for what is happening to one of my former clubs,Covefc decided to slag me and a few older posters saying basically to feck off and mind our own business,I have been away for a few days and see that Cove were beaten again this time by Chertsey which i would of considered a six pointer even in November (unbelievable )so are you pleased with losing Covefc or is your club gonna act and do something about it ?Remember you started by slagging me off well i will tell you this i am prepaired to come out of retirement and help Cove FC and try to turn things around,you've all got my number i will put my money where my mouth is,over to you Cove FC.

Now I could be wrong here, but from reading these comments it actually sounds as though it is Cove's intention to be relegated.

As for finances, there is not nearly as much money around as maybe there was a year or three back. South Park even won the league without a playing budget, while Windsor have frequently asserted their position is similar. My club cut our budget significantly at the start of last season and yet our results and performances have been as good, and this season are potentially better. If Guildford are throwing money around, firstly it's their choice, and secondly, there are many who are higher in the table who are not, so a good management staff and bunch of lads will usually win out in those circumstances. 

I really feel that Cove have missed a trick here. With Farnborough in so much disarray in recent times, they really could have sold their club as a stable, family friendly place with a nice clubhouse and a decent ground, with great food, all of which is true. It is a travesty that their attendances are so low, usually one of the worst two or three in the league and that was last year when results were better.

Clearly as we know from last season, teams at the wrong end will really kick on in the second half of the year in a desperate attempt to avoid relegation, so it has to be said that they have no chance whatsoever of survival, even if they improve significantly from this point onwards. They will need promotion form to escape the bottom spot, let alone the bottom three and it is a pity that a Cove representative wishes to use so much energy here moaning at forumites who are just pointing out the bleeding obvious. Many, by stating things, are genuinely concerned for their club's plight but he/she doesn't realise it. 

I would point out that Epsom's attendance on Saturday was a pitiful 36. Absolutely dreadful, even considering the weather conditions. However, it was still higher than all six attendances in Division 1 so good luck with your theory about attendances increasing. Quick reminder. Guernsey aren't down there any more!

I tend to agree with you, Rich.  Money has certainly been very tight in non-league for several seasons now.

There is no money in the CCL as such maybe a bit for fuel or travelling expenses, gone are the days when clubs got themselves into ridiculous debts to pay mercenary players and some managers.Players have never had it so good with the facilities that are on offer from most clubs,good pitches,floodlights,clubhouse,kit,physiotherapy,training twice a week,food after a game and a bit of petrol money,3 officials for every match,the players should really be giving a contribution not want paying as well,Passion and a will to prove you are worth all of this provided by whichever club is surely the way forward.

There is no money in the CCL as such maybe a bit for fuel or travelling expenses, gone are the days when clubs got themselves into ridiculous debts to pay mercenary players and some managers.Players have never had it so good with the facilities that are on offer from most clubs,good pitches,floodlights,clubhouse,kit,physiotherapy,training twice a week,food after a game and a bit of petrol money,3 officials for every match,the players should really be giving a contribution not want paying as well,Passion and a will to prove you are worth all of this provided by whichever club is surely the way forward.

I agree with you duncs about the players as all they have to do it turn up every week & preform to their best ability which is all the club's ask for.

I personally think at the ccl level apart from fuel money ( for the drivers) they should play football to be spotted by a high club where they could gain some money. I know with our club we are paying for mis use of money years back & the only way for the club to survive is doing what the chairman & committee are doing now, which will hopefully in time turn the club around so maybe be the force we are, but it's better to have a club than no club if we went down the financial route

Also the fa need to be partly to blame for clubs finances as alot of stuff need for grounds isn't necessarily needed for crowds that we get at this level..yes we need senior status but at such a high price that clubs find themselves in financial troubles..

Edited by aupostie

Obviously i know of him Kroons but i don't think we have ever met,i think a lot of people are singing from my hymn sheet i can't see a football reason for the other view IMHO

No, I don't think we have met, although almost certainly we've been in the same ground on frequent occasions.

I don't think we've disagreed on anything here either, so do one Krooner you big stirrer! :P

No, I don't think we have met, although almost certainly we've been in the same ground on frequent occasions.

I don't think we've disagreed on anything here either, so do one Krooner you big stirrer! :P

Me.  You and bloody duncs are making a career out of it :)

Me.  You and bloody duncs are making a career out of it :)

I'd love to comment, but modesty prevents !!