Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cheshunt 1 Hx 2

cup of tea

Massive win for us tonight. Obviously the first thing to mention would be the weather, the wind was the strongest I've ever known at a football match making playing conditions very tricky and on a few occasions unplayable. Both teams wanted to play football, both teams found it difficult. First half 0 0 , second half two goals from Joey May, both of which I'm sure he (ahem) meant. 'Clooney' the goalkeeper had no chance with either. Think we deserved the win but again, the conditions made it a very difficult night for both teams. Even taking the conditions into account, Cheshunt look a decent side and pulled a goal back late on

3 points pulled back on Cray and Romford did us a favour against Thurrock tonight as well

Let’s give Jimmy Mac some credit here, the side is improving and the signing of Paul Goodacre could prove a master stroke. The back 5 last night were outstanding in atrocious conditions. Jimmys decision to push 3 defenders into midfield playing in unfamiliar roles worked very well , this allowed Joey May to flourish, Jed was outstanding until injured late on and Alex Bentley got stronger as the game wore on. Elliot done a fantastic job in the centre of midfield ( not sure this is a long term solution )

Knighty and George were outstanding all night . This performance showed we have got lots of energy throughout the side and the fitness levels are superb. We just need a bit more consistency against lower opposition and we will p**s this league.

COYU

There's no doubt that if we played like that against Romford in better conditions, we would have beaten them easily, we would have just overpowered them. I will mention Alex Bentley who also had a good game and would have scored if the keeper hadn't pulled off a good save. Commitment from the front two was amazing again.

Comfortably the best form in the league away from home 8 wins out of 9 and we're currently in good form in the league. Last night was a really good test for us, those are the sort of games we need to win if we're going to be in the mix around the end of the season.

Not sure if some of the changes in the team were imposed on us last night to be honest, only Jimmy knows the answer to that one.

There's no doubt that if we played like that against Romford in better conditions, we would have beaten them easily, we would have just overpowered them. I will mention Alex Bentley who also had a good game and would have scored if the keeper hadn't pulled off a good save. Commitment from the front two was amazing again.

Comfortably the best form in the league away from home 8 wins out of 9 and we're currently in good form in the league. Last night was a really good test for us, those are the sort of games we need to win if we're going to be in the mix around the end of the season.

Not sure if some of the changes in the team were imposed on us last night to be honest, only Jimmy knows the answer to that one.

You just cant help yourself can you Simon. As far as every single Romford supporter is concerned the six points we took off hornchurch where the easiest of the season so far. 

Great attempt at a wind up though,Lol.

Romford deserved both wins, we played poorly in both games, Romford came with a game plan that worked and we got what we deserved. The second game in particular was disappointing. All teams get off days and we had ours against you recently.

In actual fact, the second game probably helped us, not sure if it was the fabled "wake-up call" but I think it was beneficial. The frustrating thing is that I know we can play better than we did in those game and the other results tend to bear that out - we've had 3 wins out of 3 since then and we're up there in the current form guide.

I should be thanking Romford really, especially as you took a point off Thurrock last night.

Important win for us last night. I was really impressed with how our boys conducted themselves along with their work rate. Every lad out there worked their nuts off and we defended superbly. They had a couple of half chances first half and they were half chances at best. They didn't look like scoring until they eventually did and bar a few great saves from their goalkeeper, it could've been more. Great win in not so great conditions.

Goodacre look very solid and could give us strength in depth as we push for promotion.

Another note; their 'keeper had a fantastic sense of humour and was joining in with the banter from our fans. I wish more 'keepers were like him!

Onwards to Saturday now where a win would be excellent with 4 out of our next 5, after Saturday, being at home.

COYU

Wind speed -

Cheshunt - gusts were up to 39 mph

Peacehaven - gusts were up to 60 mph (had the wind been blowing directly downfield, the match would have been postponed)

Brightlingsea - forecast is for gusts up to 45 mph (so might be very interesting)

Re-Thurrock - the referee should have abandoned as the wind was downfield and conditions were farcical.

Archived