Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ash United v Epsom Athletic - 05/12/15 - Kit Donation

Julian Chenery

I will be attending the Ash United v Epsom Athletic fixture on 5th December 2015 where Ash United have kindly offered to donate a set of kit.

Attending this game with me will be Kevin Ngwenya of The Thembalethu Foundation who will be accepting the donation from Ash United.

http://www.thembalethufoundation.org/

In addition I will be bring with me kit from Bedfont Sports & Porthleven as well as some shirts from Exeter Family Friendly to pass to Kevin.

If anyone is attending this game in whatever capacity and has any old sportswear (shirts, shorts, socks, tops, etc) or equipment (boots, trainers, pads, gloves etc) they can spare and would be happy to donate this would be gratefully received.

Many thanks,

Julian Chenery

Hi Julian

I have football boots, kits, etc, etc that my son has had over the years from aged 2 up. Is there any age/size restrictions?

Chris

I probably will pop to the game Julian now I have reason to. I will get as many things together as I can for you.

Do the kits have to be complete sets?

Chris

Hi Chris,

No the kits dont have to be complete sets - can be any random or individual shirts, shorts or socks etc or parts of kits - anything basically. All donations gratefully received.

I have a motto which is "if in doubt donate".

Will the kits be from a club you are involved in as I would like to give that club a mention if thats the case?

Look forward to meeting you on 5th December - will PM you my mobile number.

Many thanks,

Julian

I'm not currently involved with any club, the kits have been collected over a number of years.

I am willing to help any clubs close to the Suttton area who would like to donate but are unable to get the kits there themselves if it helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Julian, I'll be at the Ash match on Saturday and may have some kit from one of the military teams I play for. Assuming the match goes ahead that is. Rain is predicted and the Ash pitch doesn't do so well after a bit of water!

Where did you get that info from?

Cheers for the offer DodgyKnee & I look forward to meeting up with you on Saturday,

For the info of you and Chris - and indeed aupostie who I am confident will get the game on - my number is 07450 005410 and I will be get there between 2.30pm - 3.00pm.

I will no doubt be frequenting the bar area and am due to meet up with Brian Barnes.

As advised Kevin from the Thembalethu Foundation will be there to accept all donations made on the day. 

Many thanks to you all.

Its a nice day here in Croydon so looking good for tomorrow.

Just so you know who to look out for I'm a bald guy, 54, glasses and will be wearing my wooly hat with England on it.

If in the bar (and therefore coat off!) I will no doubt we the only guy there with a Man City shirt on. (It may stay covered up if we are stuffed by Stoke in the early kick-off!)

Look forward to seeing you all on Saturday.

Many thanks,

Its a nice day here in Croydon so looking good for tomorrow.

Just so you know who to look out for I'm a bald guy, 54, glasses and will be wearing my wooly hat with England on it.

If in the bar (and therefore coat off!) I will no doubt we the only guy there with a Man City shirt on. (It may stay covered up if we are stuffed by Stoke in the early kick-off!)

Look forward to seeing you all on Saturday.

Many thanks,

Been a good week so the pitch is all prepared for tomorrow just now fingers crossed no heavy downpours (which are not forecast)

Great to meet up with Brian Barnes and the guys from Ash United and to collect the donation and also the donation that they had collected from Hartley Wintney.

It was great to see all the bags waiting for me & Kevin Marley from the Thembalethu Foundation in the function room when we got there. Kevin's car was full!

Many thanks to all who donated.

DodgyKnee - apologies if I missed you. I was in the game sat in the stand during the game and around the tea hut area before the game and during the halftime interval. I am happy to rearrange to collect the kit you have.

Young Veteran - many thanks for the call. I will be in touch to arrange to meet up.

Many thanks all.

Julian

Archived