Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Vase - 3rd Round Draw (CCL clubs)

lazarus

Nothing against Ascot Utd at all but disappointed with our draw.  Slightly jealous of SCR and Knaphill but feel sorry for CWU and HW.

At least 1 club in the last 16 though :)

In my view at the third round stage the F A should open up the draw to maybe North and South I know this happens in later rounds.

With the way it's done if a few teams from any league get through the chance of two being drawn together could be quite high.

Nothing against Ascot Utd at all but disappointed with our draw. Slightly jealous of SCR and Knaphill but feel sorry for CWU and HW.

Last 32

In my view at the third round stage the F A should open up the draw to maybe North and South I know this happens in later rounds.

With the way it's done if a few teams from any league get through the chance of two being drawn together could be quite high.

It's not that long ago that they did open it up to North and South for the last 64 actually. We got drawn in Somerset in 2009/10 and then for the last 32 they opened it Nationally. This was certainly the case in 2010/11 when South Park travelled to Whitley Bay in the last 32 and it was also the case back in the eighties when Epsom reached the last 32 of the Trophy and hosted Altrincham.

I believe it is just a round later now before they open things up a bit, so last 32 is North and South while it goes National for the last 16.

Nothing against Ascot Utd at all but disappointed with our draw.  Slightly jealous of SCR and Knaphill but feel sorry for CWU and HW.

I think you have the best draw of the lot Krooner!

Local, visiting a new ground and against a team that aren't doing as well in their league as the two you've recently beaten in Sussex were.

Obviously Hartley will be (slight) favourites against Colliers Wood, and as you say, one CCL team has to come through from there, but I firmly believe you have a better chance of progress than Knaphill and SCR, well though they have played to get to this stage. Both have much tougher draws than you.

When I was at Ash Utd we played Tow Law Town in the last 32 of the Vase (2001ish) and they were from Newcastle so the Fa certainly have moved which round they go national.

Still, just cos its the South and not national doesnt mean you still wont do the travelling. If i recall rightly, last season Greenwich Boro played a team near Newquay which was a 600 mile round trip.

When I was at Ash Utd we played Tow Law Town in the last 32 of the Vase (2001ish) and they were from Newcastle so the Fa certainly have moved which round they go national.

Still, just cos its the South and not national doesnt mean you still wont do the travelling. If i recall rightly, last season Greenwich Boro played a team near Newquay which was a 600 mile round trip.

After they discovered that using 'Noddy & Big-Ears Book of the Road' probably wasn't such a good idea ??

:ph34r:

:bolt:

JJ, the game you refer to was in the 4th round (last 32) - I know as I was in the middle for it! The away team was St Austell and the game was played at Dartford FC's ground.

Don't come on here spouting your stuff Tel.  what happened to our draw in Newport.  You virtually promised you would sort it !

O K see where you are coming from,now know where you are going too. most of my promises fail anyway.

Good luck though and all C/ C teams

I think you have the best draw of the lot Krooner!

Local, visiting a new ground and against a team that aren't doing as well in their league as the two you've recently beaten in Sussex were.

Obviously Hartley will be (slight) favourites against Colliers Wood, and as you say, one CCL team has to come through from there, but I firmly believe you have a better chance of progress than Knaphill and SCR, well though they have played to get to this stage. Both have much tougher draws than you.

Been there Rich.  Lovely place but would have preferred somewhere I haven't been.

Hey ho.  Good Luck to all the CCL teams and I hope we have the max number through.

Archived