Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tuesday 24th November On/Off

Its not a tough balancing act for a proper manager mate,unfortunately if you are gonna be a senior manager then you can wave goodbye to being a freind of the players,you have to be hard on them at times and its far easier if you treat them as players and not freinds,the youth team have normally been together with the same manager since they were all kids so its a sentimental relationship as well as a freindly one,also family are often involved and those players will get even extra priority.

Disagree with most of this.

I've been an u18s manager and I am now the 1st team manager which I have been for about 2 seasons.

I'm very good friends with the majority of the 1st team players along with the reserves, which the majority are u18s from the last season or two.

I think as the manager if you have the respect from the players, which is needed massively to be successful with no budget, if you drop them to the reserves they get on with it.

I'm not saying we are perfect as a club or as a managerial team but I feel we are going in the right direction.

We have had a couple of seasons battling the relegation but we have stuck with what we believe in and that's using the youth that come through our club and I feel we are now seeing the benefits.

Yes you can not have a complete team of 17-18 year olds but a mix.

Last week our average age of our team was 21 and we finished the game with 5- 18 year olds.

So it is achievable but it doesn't happen over night.

Also we are fortunate that our players are loyal to our club as they have had offers from other clubs but choose to stay with us which we know as a club we are very lucky, as most players chase money at this level.

Duncs I don't know of the history of cove and you so it's difficult for me to comment on, but I see you have offered your help and I have no doubt you have a lot of love and passion for the club but I think if they don't take you up on the offer, you just have to wish them well and let them get on with it.

I agree 100 per cent with a mixture of youth and experience and congratulate you on what you have done at Horley,if you read my posts carefully you are saying exactly what i am saying apart from being freinds with the players you will eventually have to distance yourself if you are gonna win stuff,as for my offer to help at Cove well i knew they wouldn't take me up mate cos they just want to slag people off and then dissapear into thin air,the offers still stands by the way so will Cove fc be brave enough to answer me,we shall see.

Never judge a person on how they look.Did the said Officials enter the bar after the game in question? In my experience most do,and are more than willing to explain decisions made during the game.

I quite agree with your second sentence, Smudger.

In the old days at Meadowbank, I was often one on the first people to arrive at the ground, and took it upon myself to meet and greet the officials, make sure they got a hot drink and have a quick chat.

Generally speaking they always entered the bar afterwards and would be supplied with a drink and refreshments.

OK  -  I agree, any official can have an off day on the pitch but most man up to it afterwards in the bar.

The fact in the Premiership that they are more than often being assessed must put pressure on the younger up and coming officials, though generally, as I have said before, even assessors were mostly friendly and chatty and used to joing the officials and club officials in the bar.

Edited by Big J R

I agree 100 per cent with a mixture of youth and experience and congratulate you on what you have done at Horley,if you read my posts carefully you are saying exactly what i am saying apart from being freinds with the players you will eventually have to distance yourself if you are gonna win stuff,as for my offer to help at Cove well i knew they wouldn't take me up mate cos they just want to slag people off and then dissapear into thin air,the offers still stands by the way so will Cove fc be brave enough to answer me,we shall see.

Well today really surprises me, I thought cove we're going to stick with the youngsters and what will be will be.

But I've never witnessed anything like it in my life of ccl, I go to do the team sheet with the refs and the young lady doing coves team sheet says give me 5 mins, yes no problem. I then go on the pitch to see the lady asking the players there names to put on the team sheet!!

I then see spencer days car in the car park!! Farnborough have no game!!

As a manager you then think shit!! This isn't cove.

I then get the team sheet and check from recent coves players 7-8 different names.

I then check farnborough website and 6 names on there players list are playing for cove.

But I've got to say we were outstanding today and even though it was only 0-1 to us at about 60 mins we eventually won 0-4 and should of won 7-8 nil.

Really proud of our young lads today. Outstanding.

Really not sure where cove go from here!!

Best quote from there manager who I felt sorry for as didn't even know the players names to get messages across was' we are making them look good'

Well today really surprises me, I thought cove we're going to stick with the youngsters and what will be will be.

But I've never witnessed anything like it in my life of ccl, I go to do the team sheet with the refs and the young lady doing coves team sheet says give me 5 mins, yes no problem. I then go on the pitch to see the lady asking the players there names to put on the team sheet!!

I then see spencer days car in the car park!! Farnborough have no game!!

As a manager you then think shit!! This isn't cove.

I then get the team sheet and check from recent coves players 7-8 different names.

I then check farnborough website and 6 names on there players list are playing for cove.

But I've got to say we were outstanding today and even though it was only 0-1 to us at about 60 mins we eventually won 0-4 and should of won 7-8 nil.

Really proud of our young lads today. Outstanding.

Really not sure where cove go from here!!

Best quote from there manager who I felt sorry for as didn't even know the players names to get messages across was' we are making them look good'

Good win then HTFC,by the way mate my offer to help was only tongue in cheek so please don't think i am gonna lose any sleep,good luck to Cove i hope they can turn things around,sounds like the manager may have departed and someone else is giving it a go.

The match report from our draw at Bedfont Sports is now here:

http://www.eefconline.co.uk/Fix2015.16-27.html

Im curious weather we had your ref today.

Now before I start he was not the reason we lost a tight game with CB Hounslow as he gave decisions against them too. It was just a baffling performance which overshadowed a good fixture.

Offsides were flagged. But he preferred for throw ins to be taken.

Fouls going the wrong way and then incredibly card happy second half every foul brought a card. Felt for a cb player who got a card for an accidental trip.

We the received a freekick. Everyone moved to let us take it. Ref then changed his mind. Gave them a freekick and we had a player sent off for an apparant stamp. The linesman didnt see it either and we were all scratching our heads. Felt for the player sent off who wasnt near play when the freekick was given which made it an even more baffling decision.

As I say this was for both teams and in no way will I put any blame his way for the result of the game. It was just incredible to witness.

For the game itself. Even bar 1 goal and thats all it can take so credit to CB.

Coming on here blaming refs is well dodgy FGFC best to just keep stumb and leave it to us supporters.

I dont think I layed any blame his way for he result.

Tbf was right result. Was a good tight game. They scored. We didnt. Worthy winners. Refs performance didnt make it this way. A resilient cb backline and a well worked set piece gave them the spoils.

All the best to them for rest of season.

Edited by FrimleyGreenFC

I dont think I layed any blame his way for he result.

Tbf was right result. Was a good tight game. They scored. We didnt. Worthy winners. Refs performance didnt make it this way. A resilient cb backline and a well worked set piece gave them the spoils.

All the best to them for rest of season.

ok well coming on here berating refs is not gonna help,just a bit of friendly advice FGFC thats all.