Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Positivity returning to Gateshead - Clark

FF News

Joint Caretaker boss Ben Clark believes a feeling of positivity is fast returning to the Gateshead camp following a tumultuous weekend.

The Heed slipped to an embarrassing 4-1 defeat to rock-bottom FC Halifax Town at the International Stadium on Saturday, with manager Malcolm Crosby and assistant Gary Owers dismissed less than 24 hours later.

In the wake of their exit, skipper Clark has taken charge of the side this week, along with reserve/U19 team boss Micky Cummins.

The duo will lead the Tynesiders into battle against Chester on Saturday, looking to end a six-match winless streak on home soil.

It is a new venture for 32-year-old Clark, who has now clocked up over 250 appearances for the Heed in all competitions.

The defender paid tribute to co-caretaker boss Cummins, and insists that he and his teammates are itching to right recent wrongs against the Blues on Saturday.

He said: “On the whole, we have been feeling very positive. We’re massively looking forward to the game – we wish we could play it today.

“Micky and I have tried to get the lads’ spirits high. I’ve known Micky for six years now, and he’s a fantastic coach.

“We’re both very passionate, and we share a lot of similar ideas. Obviously, I’m still involved as a player, so he has been leading the majority of our sessions so far.

“We brought the lads in on Monday and we discussed things, and we’ve tried to get the feel-good factor around the place again.

“There are a lot of players who have been here for a long time – they know what it’s like to play for this football club, and they know what it means.

“It should be an honour to play for the football club, and we’ve been trying to instil that attitude this week.

“We’re desperate to get our season back on track – for everybody connected with the football club.

“Saturday gives us a chance to respond. I firmly believe that if you keep working hard, keep putting the effort in, and maintain your desire then good things will happen for you.”

Source: www.gateshead-fc.com

Source

Archived