Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Chester boss praises side after Dover draw

FF News

Chester boss Steve Burr was pleased with the resiliency his side showed last night in earning a point against high-flying Dover Athletic.

Chester battled to a 1-1 draw in blustery and wet conditions at the Lookers Vauxhall Stadium.

Speaking to ChesterFC.com, he said: “I think tonight was one of those where mistakes were going to happen with the conditions, but I’m just pleased we got back into it after going behind – great character shown by the lads.

“They worked hard tonight.”

Tuesday night’s result saw Dover climb to third in the National League table – and Burr was pleased to take something from the game.

Steve said: “We’d have settled for a point. We never want to, and always want maximum points, but with the way Dover have been this season and the conditions too, it’s a good point.

“It may look a bit easier from the side, but the lads told me how difficult it was to get the ball out.

“I’m disappointed though; when we did have opportunities we didn’t make more of that final pass. It was always going to be tough tonight.”

Following Ricky Miller’s stunning opener, Ross Hannah ensured Chester shared the spoils; to continue his hot streak in front of goal.

A former striker himself, the gaffer was pleased: “He’s a striker, and wants to score goals!

“I’m pleased tonight, that’s five in five for him now; he’s in a rich vein of form at the minute – but I want that to continue. I want my forwards scoring 20-25 goals a season, but other areas need to start chipping in with goals too.”

It was a hectic day for the Blues – bringing in two new loan signings, Alex Whitmore and Ryan Lloyd, in time for the game.

Whitmore played the full 90, and Burr was understandably delighted with the young defenders efforts.

He said: “I thought he did really well – he was thrown in at the deep end; it was a baptism of fire for the lad.

“He looked nervy at the start, but he grew as the game went on and I was really pleased with him."

Source: www.chesterfc.com

Source

Archived