Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 28th November

Saturday 28th November – Kick Off 3.00pm unless stated

FA INTER LEAGUE CUP Second Round

Anglian Combination v Spartan South Midlands League (Div 2)

PREMIER DIVISION

AFC Dunstable v Sun Sports

Bedford v Colney Heath

FC Broxbourne Borough v Cockfosters

Hadley v St Margaretsbury

Harefield United v Biggleswade United

Hoddesdon Town v Berkhamsted

Holmer Green v Oxhey Jets

Leverstock Green v Hertford Town

London Tigers v Wembley

Tring Athletic v London Colney

Welwyn Garden City v Stotfold

DIVISION ONE

Baldock Town v Harpenden Town

Codicote v Wodson Park

Edgware Town v Broadfields United

Langford v Chesham United Reserves

New Bradwell St Peter v Crawley Green

Risborough Rangers v Arlesey Town Reserves

Southall v Hillingdon Borough

Winslow United v Brimsdown

ANAGRAM RECORDS FEEDER LEAGUES TROPHY Second Round

Totternhoe v Old Palmiterians (Kick Off 1.30pm)

DIVISION TWO

Amersham Town v Pitstone & Ivinghoe

Loughton Manor v Grendon Rangers (Kick Off 2.00pm)

St Albans City Reserves v Aston Clinton (Kick Off 2.00pm)

Stony Stratford Town v Wolverton Town (Kick Off 2.00pm)

Tring Corinthians v Mursley United (Kick Off 2.00pm)

RESERVE CHALLENGE TROPHY Second Round

Oxhey Jets Reserves v Baldock Town Reserves

LONDON SENIOR TROPHY First Round

Cockfosters Reserves v Barking Reserves

RESERVE DIVISION SOUTH & EAST

Crawley Green Reserves v Hoddesdon Town Reserves (Kick Off 2.00pm)

Harpenden Town Reserves v Welwyn Garden City Reserves

London Colney Reserves v St Margaretsbury Reserves

Sun Sports Reserves v Langford Reserves

Wodson Park Reserves v Hadley Reserves

RESERVE DIVISION NORTH & WEST

Aston Clinton Reserves v Stony Stratford Town Reserves (Kick Off 2.00pm)

Buckingham Athletic Reserves v Totternhoe Reserves

Old Bradwell United Reserves v Tring Corinthians Reserves (Kick Off 2.00pm)

Pitstone & Ivinghoe Reserves v Risborough Rangers Reserves (Kick Off 2.00pm)

The 61FC (Luton) Reserves v Holmer Green Reserves (Kick Off 2.00pm)

Wolverton Town Reserves v New Bradwell St Peter Reserves (Kick Off 2.00pm)

I fear for Harpenden Town tomorrow at Baldock, after hearing its striker Jimmy Danger Hill's birthday bash this weekend. Players seem to have been dropping day by day. Ant Burns apparently 'injured' with a knee ligament problem(convenient week)

I dont think they'll be so injured when there out at some sports bar in the east end tomorrow evening watching the boxing. I don't think Jimmy and friends will be turning up for AFC Rangers on Sunday either.

Half Time

Southall 1

Hillingdon Borough 0

Full Time

Southall 1

Hillingdon Borough 0

Southall had a man sent off.

Job done! Pleased for the Southall manager.

Saturday 28th November

FA INTER LEAGUE CUP Second Round

1-4* Anglian Combination v Spartan South Midlands League (Div 2)

PREMIER DIVISION

3-0 AFC Dunstable v Sun Sports

2-0 Bedford v Colney Heath

0-4 FC Broxbourne Borough v Cockfosters

4-2 Hadley v St Margaretsbury

0-4 Harefield United v Biggleswade United

2-0 Hoddesdon Town v Berkhamsted

4-0 Holmer Green v Oxhey Jets

3-1 Leverstock Green v Hertford Town

0-4 London Tigers v Wembley

0-0 Tring Athletic v London Colney

2-2 Welwyn Garden City v Stotfold

DIVISION ONE

3-0 Baldock Town v Harpenden Town

3-1 Codicote v Wodson Park

3-3 Edgware Town v Broadfields United

3-3 Langford v Chesham United Reserves

1-2 New Bradwell St Peter v Crawley Green

5-0 Risborough Rangers v Arlesey Town Reserves

1-0 Southall v Hillingdon Borough

4-1 Winslow United v Brimsdown

ANAGRAM RECORDS FEEDER LEAGUES TROPHY Second Round

3-1* Totternhoe v Old Palmiterians

DIVISION TWO

1-2 Amersham Town v Pitstone & Ivinghoe

5-0 Loughton Manor v Grendon Rangers

2-2 St Albans City Reserves v Aston Clinton

7-0 Stony Stratford Town v Wolverton Town

1-1 Tring Corinthians v Mursley United

RESERVE CHALLENGE TROPHY Second Round

3-0 Oxhey Jets Reserves v Baldock Town Reserves

LONDON SENIOR TROPHY First Round

3-4 Cockfosters Reserves v Barking Reserves

RESERVE DIVISION SOUTH & EAST

0-1 Crawley Green Reserves v Hoddesdon Town Reserves

P-P Harpenden Town Reserves v Welwyn Garden City Reserves

2-1 London Colney Reserves v St Margaretsbury Reserves

2-0 Sun Sports Reserves v Langford Reserves

1-4 Wodson Park Reserves v Hadley Reserves

RESERVE DIVISION NORTH & WEST

1-1 Aston Clinton Reserves v Stony Stratford Town Reserves

3-1 Buckingham Athletic Reserves v Totternhoe Reserves

5-2 Old Bradwell United Reserves v Tring Corinthians Reserves

4-2 Pitstone & Ivinghoe Reserves v Risborough Rangers Reserves

2-4 The 61FC (Luton) Reserves v Holmer Green Reserves

3-8 Wolverton Town Reserves v New Bradwell St Peter Reserves

Congrats to Uncle T on a much needed win for Levy Green today. Wasn't there due to family commitments but doesn't sound like Hertford Town had a good day. The fans aren't happy losing to a struggling team with 10 men for the majority of the game and neither am I after traipsing up and down Oxford St to satisfy the South African In-Laws curiosity today. I'll see you for a beer at The Park for the return fixture matey but for now, just enjoy the deserved victory and the 3 points tonight.  :)

Thanks BDG were we on the ball today from the start, some changes made by the new management team helped. The players were more comfortable with the new style. Our Reserves won too so it was a very good day.

Can someone clear an incident up for me from yesterday's Totternhoe game...

In the dying minutes of the game, The oppositions forward wins a corner but gets injured in the process. The physio comes on and treats him. They both then leave the pitch. The referee then allows him to come back on. They then take the corner. Which he nearly scores from.

Am I wrong in thinking that the ball has to be in play again before the player is allowed back on?

Can someone clear an incident up for me from yesterday's Totternhoe game...

In the dying minutes of the game, The oppositions forward wins a corner but gets injured in the process. The physio comes on and treats him. They both then leave the pitch. The referee then allows him to come back on. They then take the corner. Which he nearly scores from.

Am I wrong in thinking that the ball has to be in play again before the player is allowed back on?

Player can only come back on after play has re-started and having been signalled on by the Referee.

Player can only come back on after play has re-started and having been signalled on by the Referee.

Those of us if a 'certain age' will remember why this guidance to referees was introduced - primarily, because towards the end of games, players on 'winning' sides would feign injury, get treatment which delays the game and they could continue with eleven men. As PTG states, the 'injured' player can only return to the pitch after the game has re-started.

Whilst, in general, I agree with this principle, there are a small number of occasions when I believe it is unfair!! Take the example of the star striker who is fouled, wins a penalty but is injured in the process. With a 'knock' the striker can refuse treatment to enable him to take the penalty - but if he is cut, the referee has to insist that he has to leave the pitch to stop the bleeding. And this means he cannot take the penalty!!

Illogical..........

Good points in your post there Whitley Bay, never looked at it from that angle.

A similar thing happened to us last season in the derby game verses Kings Langley. Except the difference was we was 4-nil down at the time, didn't moan about it and got on with the game and life like men do.

Holmer Green with result of the day for me. Unfamiliar territory for them, what's going on this season. See Big Dean Allen is still banging them in for fun. Don't tell me legendary defender tom Alabaster is back in the mix too??

Those of us if a 'certain age' will remember why this guidance to referees was introduced - primarily, because towards the end of games, players on 'winning' sides would feign injury, get treatment which delays the game and they could continue with eleven men. As PTG states, the 'injured' player can only return to the pitch after the game has re-started.

Whilst, in general, I agree with this principle, there are a small number of occasions when I believe it is unfair!! Take the example of the star striker who is fouled, wins a penalty but is injured in the process. With a 'knock' the striker can refuse treatment to enable him to take the penalty - but if he is cut, the referee has to insist that he has to leave the pitch to stop the bleeding. And this means he cannot take the penalty!!

Illogical..........

I recall a player being fouled to win a penalty.

Asked the player if she required treat. "Yes", was the answer. On came the physio. Treatment completed. She picked up the ball to take the penalty. Told her she couldn't. She had to leave the pitch and could only come back on after play had re-started and with my permission.  :wacko:

So out of form Leverstock Green beating a team in third position is not the result of the day!!

No, Levy green are having the classic turn in fortunes most teams have after the bad egg manager is sacked. New players = new results. Plus, Hertford had people missing, namely Big Dawg Col, sorely missed 12th man. 

Nevertheless, congratulations Uncle Tea. Love seeing Levy doing well. My old electrician used to play in the sticks for you, top scouser and top goalie!

Asked the player if she required treat. "Yes", was the answer. On came the physio. Treatment completed. She picked up the ball to take the penalty. Told her she couldn't. She had to leave the pitch and could only come back on after play had re-started and with my permission.  :wacko:

Don't leave us hanging with this story, did the other girl score or not?????? We need answers!

Asked the player if she required treat. "Yes", was the answer. On came the physio. Treatment completed. She picked up the ball to take the penalty. Told her she couldn't. She had to leave the pitch and could only come back on after play had re-started and with my permission. :wacko:

Soooooo... Are you suggesting that women don't properly understand the rules??!? I like you Pedro but not sure I can back you on that statement.

Archived