Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Merstham

littlehampton

We weren't pathetic, first half we played well against another terrible ref who gave us LESS than nothing. Second half started brightly with the stonewall pen and then Brad started with the bizarre sub's. Why Tyler went off I'll never know, MOTM for me by some distance. That result was totally down to Brad today. I'm starting to feel uncomf

ortable.

I'm still scratching my head wondering how we didn't win today. Started brightly and the game was in our hands at 2-0. Then for some reason we went all out to score more rather than protect our lead. Did understand why Stevens was subbed for a forward at 2-1 when we needed more at the back. Mersham didn't look up to much so very worrying that we couldn't win this. All said I have every faith in Brad so I'm sure it will all come good in the end.

As said we were better this week in the first 30 minutes than the last 2 games put together.

We had some warning signs that Merstham could punish us when they ballsed up a couple of good opportunities on the break themselves before half time. We got the second goal and it really should have been plain sailing in seeing the game out, 3 centre mids would've done it. We got caught out with long balls through the heart of the team and in particular the centre of defence. We still have a very good team, just need to finish chances like Corey had at the end no excuses for that, and Harry should be hitting the target instead of the crossbar from 8 yards out when an outfield player is in the opposition goal again poor and not ruthless enough. Brad has to take some responsibility for his decision making but the players let him down today, I'm convinced we'd win a league game if we were playing midweek

Well, it felt like a loss.

Agree first 20 - 30 mins played well with Corey and Tyler pushing down both flanks, then gradually fell apart.

1 nil up, should have been more.

Keeper rightly sent packing and 2 nil from spot.

Then we were poor.

I cannot recall the stand in keeper having a direct shot to save.

Why did we not put him under pressure ?

Corey failing to shoot with the keeper out of position was terrible.

I am afraid the squad is not good enough and when players are out injured or suspended we do not have quality cover.

Three more players left this week, plus a few "missing" including Bobby. What is all that about ?

Testing times for Brad and the Club.

Ps I see the attendances are dropping below 300 now !!!!

Well good luck to the 3 of them. Hughes in particular has been very unlucky as he's clearly a very good keeper but Nathan has been outstanding since coming back.

Would be more concerned if we lost Bobby - where was he? - and Tayshan, although we can't stand in the way of younger players trying to make their way in the game. Think we have a good team but the squad does need to be stronger to accomodate injuries - easier said than done, Brad says in his programme notes he's been to games to look at players but there aren't too many holes in our first 11 at the moment.

As disappointed as any last night as I thought that was a game we should be winning any day of the week but, credit to Merstham, they never gave up. Bar the last half hour, we were much better than last week and it could have been different if Harry had taken his chance that hit the bar, Samir's goal hadn't been ruled out or Corey had taken that gilt edged chance. Corey was great in the first half but struggled after what was a hell of a whack from the keeper at the start of the second half.

Good to see Ryan Doyle get a cameo earlier than expected - he adds a certain spirit to the team that we're going to need to see out games like yesterday. We may well have been a bit naive , particularly in bringing on Evans for Joe but I didn't really see Merstham coming back at that stage.

Difficult time for Brad and his backroom team at the moment but I'm sure they'll turn it around sooner rather than later, fully expect they're hurting as much as the rest of us at the moment and working their socks off to put it right. Important that we all pull together, management, players, board and fans to see us through this tricky period.

We have to start killing games like Saturday at both ends of the pitch. Guilt edge chances need finishing and we need experience at the back to close games out.

Unfortunately, I feel we are experiencing exactly what you can expect with a young squad lacking experience - inconsistency.

I fear the Play offs are an unrealistic ambition the longer results stay this way.