Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Rovers loanee aiming to impress

FF News

Right back Lee Vaughan arrived at Tranmere Rovers earlier this week and made his Rovers debut in a 0-0 draw at Boreham Wood.

The defender was pleased to have helped the side keep a clean sheet and get through the full 90 minutes.

He told Tranmere Player: "It was good to get some football and we kept a clean sheet. I've been looking at Tranmere this season and it's been a while since they last kept a clean sheet so it was nice to come and be a part of that.

"We could have nicked it, and if we had come away from the game with a 1-0 win it would have been a great result. Over the 90 minutes, I think we deserved to win.

"When you've got the likes of Steve McNulty alongside you and Jay Harris in front of you, you think you're going to have an easy time but it's not always the case. They're good players but we need to start putting that into performances and results."

Vaughan explained some of the reasons for making the loan move from Cheltenham Town to Prenton Park.

He said: "I want to come here and play games and do my very best for this football club. I want to get us up there into the play-offs and there's enough in the dressing room to do that."

Source: www.tranmererovers.co.uk

Source

Archived