Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tues 1st Dec

Tango Man

Westfield 2 - 0 Chertsey Town FC .

What a great game of football played on a heavy pitch. Both teams put in a good performance and despite the sticky surface, showed no malice either way. The game was played in very good spirit with both teams looking for a win and a progression into the next round. It could have gone either way in the first half with both teams having chances to open their accounts. Both keepers made a cracking save to keep the score at nil nil half time, the Chertsey keeper making a very good double save from what looked like a certain headed goal from a cross and the Westfield keeper making a quick reaction save from close range to deny Chertsey. Westfield came out the slightly better of the two sides in the second half and built on their performance to eventually take the majority of the play and got the goals they deserved. Westfield probably played as good as I have seen them all season and but for a little bit of lacking in self belief in front of goal, I am sure would have added to their tally. A huge pat on the back though to both teams who played a very good game and made it an entertaining watch for the spectators. The officials had a pretty good game as well, despite both teams having iffy calls for a penalty, the ref allowed the game to flow pretty much and it was refreshing not to hear the refs whistle everytime two players meet. Credit to all 22 players on the pitch tonight and well done to Westfield.

Hanworth villa v raynes park vale

Should be a close game

Be interested to hear your take on tonight's game Butterfingers, after your rant the other week about your disappointments about "our" club, i'll wait for you to comment before i provide you with my disappointments about tonight's events and your club !!! :)

Wood 1-3 Whyteleafe - Report here - http://wibbandune.simplesite.com/417806039

Surrey Senior Cup 2nd Round Results

Knaphill 4-3 Ashford Town
Chipstead
4-1 Chessington & Hook United
Colliers Wood United
1-3 Whyteleafe
Corinthian-Casuals
1-1 Egham Town (4-2 on pens)
Croydon 3-3 Farnham Town (2-3 on pens)
Godalming Town 1-0 Guildford City
Horley Town
2-2 Badshot Lea (3-4 on pens)
Leatherhead 3-0 Carshalton Athletic
Merstham
3-0 South Park
Metropolitan Police
3-2 Dorking Wanderers
Molesey
2-1 Raynes Park Vale
Redhill
0-3 Tooting & Mitcham United
Sutton United
3-0 Walton & Hersham
Walton Casuals
1-1 Kingstonian (8-9 on pens)
Westfield 2-0 Chertsey Town
Woking
10-0 Sutton Common Rovers 

Be interested to hear your take on tonight's game Butterfingers, after your rant the other week about your disappointments about "our" club, i'll wait for you to comment before i provide you with my disappointments about tonight's events and your club !!! :)

Thanks for the away strip, blue & yellow suited us nicely

Thanks for the away strip, blue & yellow suited us nicely

No team sheet exchanged I hear ?

No kit ? Yes you looked good in our away strip

Delaying the KO by 20 mins ? Even tried to delay it further with pitiful excuses (i.e. no kit, we've only got a bear 11 players )

And you rant at our set up, at least when we go away, we have a kit there on time, exchange team sheets on time, and try to run our ship a little professional, ive never witnessed such a shocking set up at this level from an opposing club.

No team sheet exchanged I hear ?

No kit ? Yes you looked good in our away strip

Delaying the KO by 20 mins ? Even tried to delay it further with pitiful excuses (i.e. no kit, we've only got a bear 11 players )

And you rant at our set up, at least when we go away, we have a kit there on time, exchange team sheets on time, and try to run our ship a little professional, ive never witnessed such a shocking set up at this level from an opposing club.

Due to a serious accident at Hampton court, many of our players and coaching staff were delayed this included the referee, not ideal pre match preperations

We did have an away kit plus all the relevant paperwork, just that it was in one of the motors caught in the traffic.

Should you ever come to grand drive, and it looks possible that the game could be postponed due to adverse weather conditions, I would like to think that we would notify you at the earliest point, and not expect you to arrive at 13.30 and sit in the clubhouse for 1 hour and then decide to postpone the match, resulting in people losing a days work plus time and effort and petrol, talk about a lack of professionalism and organisation on your behalf

Despite all that your chicken stew after the match was lovely!

I look forward to your correspondence.

Archived