Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Fitzpatrick delighted with start to Silkmen career

FF News

Following Macclesfield Town’s fourth win on the bounce and the club moving to within just two points of the play-offs with a superior goal difference too, David Fitzpatrick took a moment to reflect on his start.

Fitzpatrick told Silkmen Player: “I was looking at the stats the other day since I’ve started playing and we’ve won quite a few games so it’s going really well.

At the start, it was quite tough trying to get fit again but I feel I’m at the point where I’m strong and feeling good.”

Playing for a team like the Silkmen poses a fresh challenge compared to his time at Southport. At Southport, the player admits it was tough having to look down the table but has stated he’s enjoying his new lease of life at Macc.

“The last two years, I’ve been looking down the table so it’s good to be looking up the table for once. Hopefully we can get a couple of wins before Christmas.

“It’s totally different from last year with the manager and coaches trying to get the ball down and play so I’m really enjoying it.

“Winning a few games on the bounce pushes you right on and moving towards those play-offs.”

Despite a fierce looking bench, the full back is confident his performances can keep him in the starting line-up for the foreseeable future. He said: “When you look at the bench, there’s so much quality but I’m quite confident in myself at the minute and the way I’m playing so hopefully I haven’t got too much to worry about just yet.”

Source: www.mtfc.co.uk

Source

Archived