Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Thurrock 2 Hornchurch 1

Eastside Urchin

If we had given their players stick then I could understand it but we didn't , their goalkeeper was especially over the top. I think they knew they were lucky to get all three points out of that game. Good team though. Don't know what happened for their winner , we seemed to turn off.

This was a good advert for non league we were by far the better team created so many chances especially in the second half .Thurrock more clynical in front of goal and quite a decent team we may have lost the battle but we hav'nt lost the war,mom Junior Luke and well done Leon terrorised the Thurrock defence when he came on good to see we have lots of options another hard game coming up on Saturday lets not be negative just one of those nights

Gutted with the result. We definitely deserved more out of the game but got punished late on for not taking our chances. Junior Luke was my MOTM and was a constant threat all game. It was poor sportsmanship on their players' part after the game, especially as our players/fans did nothing to provoke them. If we can start to convert our chances then I have no concerns that we won't be up there come the end of the season. Onto another big one on Saturday, onwards and upwards.

The last time an event like this happened Dick Turpin was the main character. This was absolutely day light robbery ( or night time robbery ) Apart from a 20 min spell in the first half we dominated a very good side and created numerous chances that on another day would have bagged 3/ 4 goals. Agree with previous comments on Junior Luke as MOTM superb performance. I thought Jimmy changed the formation and the personal to great effect  at the start of the 2nd half and Elliott dominated the centre of the park, apart from the two lapses for their goals again looked solid at the back. Let’s get behind the team , if we continue to play like this we will defiantly be in the shakeup come the end of the season. Last point on their keeper and number 3 OTT celebrations in front of the urchin fans was not needed, but we do have a return at the Bridge and I am sure that the Has Been’s Hill mob will gain some revenge!!!!!!!!!

It was a good game, I missed the start of the game due to the a parking issue, it sounded to me like Hornchurch had the better of the initial exchanges, there was a period of sustained pressure thereafter from Thurrock culminating in their goal. Second half , opening couple of minutes belonged to Thurrock then it was then relentless pressure from Hornchurch, although Thurrock looked dangerous on the break with the one or two opportunities they had. Hit the woodwork in both halves, had a ball cleared off the line by a Thurrock defender who didn't know much about it and had several shots turned away. It didn't look like we were going to score until Leon was given a tap-in from a well worked Hornchurch move.

Deserved a point out of the game and anyone impartial (other than bitter Romford fans!), I feel would agree with me.

Two good teams who I'm sure will be in the mix at the top near the end of the season.

It was a good game, I missed the start of the game due to the a parking issue, it sounded to me like Hornchurch had the better of the initial exchanges, there was a period of sustained pressure thereafter from Thurrock culminating in their goal. Second half , opening couple of minutes belonged to Thurrock then it was then relentless pressure from Hornchurch, although Thurrock looked dangerous on the break with the one or two opportunities they had. Hit the woodwork in both halves, had a ball cleared off the line by a Thurrock defender who didn't know much about it and had several shots turned away. It didn't look like we were going to score until Leon was given a tap-in from a well worked Hornchurch move.

Deserved a point out of the game and anyone impartial (other than bitter Romford fans!), I feel would agree with me.

Two good teams who I'm sure will be in the mix at the top near the end of the season.

Why should any Romford fan be bitter? 180 minutes played, 6 points 3 goals scored with none against, and our keeper didn't even have to make a single save in both matches. You pinched our best player which was a little annoying but we have signed a replacement who is twice as good. 

Archived