Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Sat 5th Dec Match Thread

TRS

Hi lads

First time on here in a long time ....duncs why can't you say what you are thinking !!

This what this place is for is it not !! And tbh some of the stuff you was saying was right .They are a very young side very young and dave a manger to be air got hung out to dry

He also mangers possibly the best youth side around .....a lot of work for one man

They do need experienced/better players not denying there are some players there that are not up to much .

I know dave is working he's little nuts off to get it working

If i said what i was finking then i would probably get into trouble so i will not say to much,said it before when an inexperienced guy got the managers job at one of our local relegated clubs, i told the particular club that they would be relegated and regretfully i was right,reputations that are blossoming will be damaged forever and its not the managers fault they are being put into a position that most are not ready for,good youngsters will soon become disillusioned and ruined by a very bad experience,IT IS NOT easy managing at this level if you are only used to youth team football this is senior mens football on the first rung of the ladder towards the Premier league.

If i said what i was finking then i would probably get into trouble so i will not say to much,said it before when an inexperienced guy got the managers job at one of our local relegated clubs, i told the particular club that they would be relegated and regretfully i was right,reputations that are blossoming will be damaged forever and its not the managers fault they are being put into a position that most are not ready for,good youngsters will soon become disillusioned and ruined by a very bad experience,IT IS NOT easy managing at this level if you are only used to youth team football this is senior mens football on the first rung of the ladder towards the Premier league.

Cant be talking about frimley surely duncan? 20 losses before management took over and a failure to fulfill a fixture which you oversaw. To have kept them up would have taken a 95% win ratio with teams having 4 and 5 games in hand over the club. Even sir alex would have had no chance.

There has been much comment on here about Cove . A lof of it rubbish and some fair comment , but I feel I must answer one comment . We have never hung Dave out to dry , Dave asked for the job the day Millers left - it was also the day our sponsor said he couldn't continue to help for the coming season , he had chats at length before appointing him and we have offered as much help as he wanted . Do you think we want to be where we are, it's heartbreaking

There has been much comment on here about Cove . A lof of it rubbish and some fair comment , but I feel I must answer one comment . We have never hung Dave out to dry , Dave asked for the job the day Millers left - it was also the day our sponsor said he couldn't continue to help for the coming season , he had chats at length before appointing him and we have offered as much help as he wanted . Do you think we want to be where we are, it's heartbreaking

Call Salv he will get you a good team for saturday, at times like this you need to have a good manager with loads of contacts and no one has as many as him ask Millers.

Cant be talking about frimley surely duncan? 20 losses before management took over and a failure to fulfill a fixture which you oversaw. To have kept them up would have taken a 95% win ratio with teams having 4 and 5 games in hand over the club. Even sir alex would have had no chance.

so true Clementine but i had 14 players up until the day of the kick off and the 7 lads i signed on all turned up,don't know to this day what happened to the other 7,the only thing i asked the club to do was to stop letting the players leave for another local club and they didn't,so what in your opinion could i have done ? Edited by duncs

As the normal Cove Goalkeeper, I was rather disappointed to not be in goal after last weeks game but with players not turning up without telling Dave we were left with just 11 players, 2 of us being keepers. The other keeper can't play outfield so I had to play central midfield. It's a shame to see things so bad at the club but hopefully everything will be back on track soon!

And no Clementine it was not Frimley i was talking about it was Ash,I thought that was an easy one to work out as we had a good few posts on here when they appointed someone who didn't even meet the interview criteria.

Apologies. I saw you say recently relegated so assumed you meant Frimley.

As regards to you other question. What could you have done. Probably nothing tbh. But because you werent talking about Frimley the rest of my point doesnt matter regarding win % required etc.

Taken from tonight's match programme v Raynes Park Vale.

Hartley Wintney maintained top spot and reached the 50 point mark with a 1-0 home win over Windsor at Green Lane thanks to a 57th minute winner by Sam Argent.

Ashford Town lost some ground despite fighting back from 0-3 down at home to Horley Town at Short Lane. Two goals from Ashley Nadesan and one from Adam Pullen had given The Clarets what looked a winning lead on 63 minutes but Canderton, Fleming and a 92nd minute own goal from Ryan Brackpool ensured a point apiece in a feisty game.

Epsom & Ewell remain in hot form as they beat Guildford City 4-0 at High Road. Prolific scorer, Kyle Hough netted twice and further goals from Tom Neale and Matt Farrell gave The Salts an easy win.

Hanworth Villa conceded a two goal advantage at The Ranch to draw 2-2 with Westfield in another weather affected match. Jesse Atiase and skipper Adam Baigent scored first half goals for The Villains but wind assisted westfield struck back via second half goals from Parrott and Thumwood. Goals from Coles (2) and Cousins gave Camberley an easy 3-0 win over Chertsey at Krooner Park while Knaphill just about saw off Raynes Park Vale 3-2 at Redding Way with ex-Wood player, Idris Taiwo amongst The Knappers goalscorers.

A 75th minute Paul Coventry goal was enough for Badshot Lea to win at Bedfont while a hat trick from Connor Moody helped Spelthorne to defeat injury plagued Chessington 4-2 at a blustery Staines Road West. Redhill and AFC Hayes ground out a dire goalless draw while Sutton Common Rovers hammered beleaguered Cove 8-1 at Gander Green Lane, the goals being well shared out here.

Goals from Ogunseye and Harding were enough for Colliers Wood United to keep up their recent good record at Farnham as they won 2-1.

In division 1, Dorking and CB Hounslow played out an entertaining 1-1 draw at The New Defence. Luke Harmsworth gave the Chicks the lead but United levelled via a fine breakaway goal from Vidal Jordan. Worcester Park won easily at Sandhurst Town 3-0 with the returning Tom Costelloe getting the 3rd goal while 2 goals from Hodges just saw Abbey Rangers over the line against farleigh Rovers at Addlestone Moor.

Banstead Athletic hammered Staines Lammas at merland Rise with the Hill brothers of Rob and Joe amongst the goals for the A's. Bedfont & Feltham came from a goal down to win the match of the day against Eversley & California 4-1 at The Orchard with just a meagre 29 in attendance. (Bedfont Sports playing next door had just 23)!

Frimley Green were too good for South Park Reserves as they won 2-0 while the two remaining matches were entertaining draws. Ash were held 2-2 by Epsom Athletic at Young's Drive, the visiting Stallions coming back from 2 down while Dorking Wanderers and Cobham shared six goals at Westhumble with Louis Chin earning The Hammers a point via an 82nd minute goal.

Duncs

I sense a bit of jealously towards Ash United, I take it you applied for the job and didn't get it.  I happen to know the Ash United manager really well as I do the odd bit of scouting for him.  He is a man that has vast experience in football, they are on the up and now unbeaten in five games.

Sometimes a new leadership and direction is needed in order to pull the club in the right direction, he has done a fantastic job considering no one gets paid at all.  I do believe credit where credit is due, if you ask him nicely he may even give you an assistant managers position, something that I am sure is right up your street.

People on here should stop living in the dark ages and start realising that there are some excellent young managers/coaches out there, I thought that CCL all stuck together and supported each other.

Duncs

I sense a bit of jealously towards Ash United, I take it you applied for the job and didn't get it. I happen to know the Ash United manager really well as I do the odd bit of scouting for him. He is a man that has vast experience in football, they are on the up and now unbeaten in five games.

Sometimes a new leadership and direction is needed in order to pull the club in the right direction, he has done a fantastic job considering no one gets paid at all. I do believe credit where credit is due, if you ask him nicely he may even give you an assistant managers position, something that I am sure is right up your street.

People on here should stop living in the dark ages and start realising that there are some excellent young managers/coaches out there, I thought that CCL all stuck together and supported each other.[/quote

What you will find is you'll never hear a good word come out of posters like duncan or others whereby their services were not required.

Do you ever see him praising the turn around? Only ever negative posts and how experienced managers like himself could always do better.

How is a young manager going to gain further experience if he isnt given a chance.

Im still awaiting a post about the clubs hes always been negative about. ASH, Frimley, Cove. Etc. Must be a coincedence that these clubs all turned him down rather than a direct plan to be negative about any manager who takes the roles on.

Duncs

I sense a bit of jealously towards Ash United, I take it you applied for the job and didn't get it. I happen to know the Ash United manager really well as I do the odd bit of scouting for him. He is a man that has vast experience in football, they are on the up and now unbeaten in five games.

Sometimes a new leadership and direction is needed in order to pull the club in the right direction, he has done a fantastic job considering no one gets paid at all. I do believe credit where credit is due, if you ask him nicely he may even give you an assistant managers position, something that I am sure is right up your street.

People on here should stop living in the dark ages and start realising that there are some excellent young managers/coaches out there, I thought that CCL all stuck together and supported each other.[/quote

What you will find is you'll never hear a good word come out of posters like duncan or others whereby their services were not required.

Do you ever see him praising the turn around? Only ever negative posts and how experienced managers like himself could always do better.

How is a young manager going to gain further experience if he isnt given a chance.

Im still awaiting a post about the clubs hes always been negative about. ASH, Frimley, Cove. Etc. Must be a coincedence that these clubs all turned him down rather than a direct plan to be negative about any manager who takes the roles on.

Is this dis respect necessary towards Duncs . I don't know him and will probably never meet him however he has clearly done a lot in the game and it seems all these clubs that overlook him are missing a trick. Anyone care to explain why . With his qualities I'm sure he would deliver many a cup , league title , or survival if hoc chance came at a struggling club.

Is this dis respect necessary towards Duncs . I don't know him and will probably never meet him however he has clearly done a lot in the game and it seems all these clubs that overlook him are missing a trick. Anyone care to explain why . With his qualities I'm sure he would deliver many a cup , league title , or survival if hoc chance came at a struggling club.

Its not dis respect, certainly not on my side. I just feel that you rarely see him admit when he is wrong or things change which goes against his original posts. Like Ash's current run, not one post from him about it. But before hand it was how rubbish the manager was and how the club should have listened to him etc.

He's also had chances recently which werent succesfull. Yet because in the pst he achieved something he presumes he knows best.

I just feel he needs to learn how to let things go and get behind managers rather than telling everyone how hed do better.

He claims its not easy being a manager yet posts like it should be.

I hope he has applied for cove and id love for them to take him. See if his posts have any substance. As far as im aware he is a name in the hat.