Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dulwich Hamlet v Enfield Town

littlehampton

A good post Steph and I agree with most points. It does seem some players are being picked on last seasons form.

I take your point on goals conceded and defensively but the fact is we do not have a commanding leader in our side at the back since Kirby. Vilcu is a different type of player but not that player.

Corey is better served as an attacking midfielder IMO.

With regards goal scoring forwards they are hard to come by and not cheap. Apart from Liam himself who else could we get in?

I am glad that some fans are now coming round to my view that a change of direction may now be required, when I originally questioned the make up of our centre midfield.  But as I stated previously financial restraints tend to hinder us going out and buying a player, especially if he is being well rewarded where he is.Consequently, as I said well before Christmas, look amongst the lower clubs. That is why I welcomed Phil Lowen's arrival. But it seems the management are not willing to back their choice and are happy to go with what they know..

Perhaps, we will have to continue to run with what we have and hope that someone has a change of form and starts putting the ball in the net. We can only continue to show our support with the hope that we make the  play offs. Especially now the club has a 99yr tenure. If we don't then a plan for next season to achieve at least that end

should be put into place. WE cannot have another start to next season as we did this year.

In addition after my previous rant we went on a 5 win sequence. Ever the optimist!!!!

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Good to read the various comments and different points of view following yesterdays disappointing reverse at Dulwich. Most reports on the match confirm that we played well, might have got something from the game had we taken our chances, and on the balance of play were a tad unlucky to lose. In the end, whatever the reason(s), it is all about putting the ball in the net. Hamlet did, we didn't, and it is all about what you do on the day.

Dulwich are a good side, and so are we. Looking at both clubs playing record over the past twelve matches, in all competitions, including yesterdays match, they are almost identical. We have recorded 8 wins, a draw and 3 defeats, whilst Dulwich have chalked up 7 wins, 2 draws and 3 defeats.

We now have two home matches this week, weather permitting, and we need to bounce straight back with two winning performances. I am confident we can.